Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diverter on a Deep V?

GlastronGuy
    How does a diverter work with a Deep V hull? There is so much hull in the water it seems as though it wouldn't do any good.

Back Forty
    I would think that it would help tremendously when backing down if it was trimmed down like any boat but who knows otherwise...

GlastronGuy
    Back Forty
    Do you have a better pic of your Glastron?

Back Forty
    Here are some from recently. I have only had it out once this year.
    I just got my new HEI distributor today. Going to try and get the new carb done fairly soon.

GlastronGuy
    Looks a lot like my '75.
    Why I may need a diverter:

Back Forty
    Triming mine out definetly affects max speed. I've never seen the boat at speed from another boat. Having it trimmed down makes the boat steer and track a lot better at idle speeds and around a dock. Reverse really benefits.
    [ August 01, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Back Forty ]

seho
    Hey Back Forty, I just 'restored' the same boat/ set-up as what you have and am breaking in the 455. Just out of curiosity, what RPM's and speeds does your boat run? Also, did you add that back sun-deck arrangment or was that how your boat came originally? Mine has the padded engine cover with jump-seats on each side.
    Randy

Back Forty
    The interior has been redone along with the engine cover and addition of the bench seat. It looks really nice. The gauges, wheel and some other stuff are new also. Nothing real exspenso. Just a great boat that takes the chop and scoots along. This boat always ran along at 4400 rpms. This was before I had gps. I got it out this year and could only get 4100 rpms. I have an etrex gps now. It did 56mph at the 4100. The carb has always leaned out bad at full throttle. The boat has a points distributor. The holley is going into a box in favor of a properly set up Q-jet which is fine for this boat. I just got my new HEI today and hope to have the carb done soon. I would like to see the original 4400 rpms and what ever the healthy carb and ignition can get over that. I can't wait to atleast regain what I had before. After the changes are in and tuned, I expect 60mph and will take whatever I get above that. The pump was blue printed by Don's pump service out of Columbus Oh. It is very nice. Has the A impeller. These boats are classic looking and take a beating. I think its funny when I fire it up at the fuel pier and people turn to see the hot rod and it has the glastron swoosh on the side. They were the bayliner back in the day but kind of cool it seems as old relics. Kind of like an old hot rod station wagon, nobody wants it but they all say how cool it is..!
    I'm into those too...

Back Forty
    Forgot...
    the other addition to the interior is the cd player installed in one of those recessed deals with the tinted cover. The console under the dash has the ski storage compartment and the door. We took the vinyl off of the door, shortened it and reinstalled the vinyl. The gap was filled and reapolstered. The position is perfect and protected. It can be seen in one of the above pictures.

DansBlown73Nordic
    You Fire up your boat at Gas Stations???? That is a really bad idea. Do you have a death wish?
    Start it some night. You will be very surprised at the flames that come out the thru hull. eek!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast