Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEENIE ROAST IN MY BOAT

sidewound
    Howdy Folks,
    (That's how we talk in Iowa ya know)
    Well any of you that know me, know I've been workin on my Sidewinder for a year now. The big day of truth was Fri. for my new moto.
    Took the boat to work and afterwards went to the builders to fire it and break in the cam.
    Well things didn't go quite as planned. The moto fired and would only run for a couple seconds then BIG BALL-O-FLAME out of the carb.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114Sidewinder_super_040-med.jpg[/img]
    Here I'm heading to extinguish one of many fires. Left it at the shop and just gave up for the weekend. burningm
    We dead timed it again and it was right on. Don't know what the hell I got wrong. The builder even dropped the dist. for me so it should be right. Guess I'll find out more next week. For now I think I'm just going to drink heavily. Boat on everybody!
    Peace Man
    CESAR

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
    KEEP AT IT, THESE SIDEWINDERS ARE DEFINATELY WORTH THE TIME IT TAKES TO MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT!...BILL.

spectratoad
    This one had me scared in the thread title. I thought it was another workout thread. Keep pluggin' away. Good luck.

AZKC
    Triple double check everything. Probably something simple hang in there Bro
    Chillin the most
    KC

sidewound
    Thanks Boston, Spectra , AZKC!!!!!!!!
    This thing has been kickin my ass for a year. Obviously I'm not givin up but it's been a GIANT pain in the asso! I'll make it work.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

corlish
    Cesar,
    If you are sure about the ignition timing, then check the valve lash. When the valves are "tight" it will pop through the carb, catch fire and all of that other stuff. Be carefull with those carb fires ... i have seen them melt boosters even after just a few seconds of flames.
    Good Luck
    Corey

Wet Dream
    Check your plug wires too. I know you said it ran for a little bit, but check it and make sure its right with the firing order.

Hal
    If its a chevy my guess would be the dist. is 180* out.

check all 3 of the above recommends, they are the most common things that would cause it. most common I would think is the plug wires crossed up. easy to do.

sidewound
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    I'm just pi$$ed that I forgot to bring the weenie fork. Burnt my finger tryin to get one done.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast