Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Same Olds Questions, Same Olds ...HELP !!!

malcolm
    I see nothing wrong with most of Mondello's parts. The main thing people knock him for is the price he charges for them. Just shop around a little and make sure he's not bending you over too bad. And get a second opinion after Lynn tells you what you need.

Charger455
    Hot Rod or Car Craft did an article on which was the best big block to build. They included the BBC Olds Pontiac Buick Chrysler and ford. The way they determined the winner was by the Horsepower to dollar ratio. All the Big blocks came out pretty close with the winner being the Pontiac. I think it shows that all depends on your personal taste, but like many others I am a Chevy first and GM second kinda guy!!!

Halletosis76
    Hey CAS ,
    I can't thank you enough for the info for "TP3".I'll be their ,How will I find all the boys ? I'd like to thank you personally.
    Craig M. L.

Cas
    Craig,
    We'll all be in Campground 4 and it'll be rather hard to miss us. I'll be in site 283 so stop in and see me. I'll take you around to meet everyone. If you want to stay for the Pot Luck, be sure to bring some grub or something......the PL very well could be the best time to meet everyone.
    Let me know what time you're thinking about coming so I can keep an eye out. If you come early enough 9:30 am) you can catch a few boat rides.

GlastronGuy
    Tower Park, Be there or be square.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/14TParkCmpGrnd.JPG[/img]

[ August 16, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: GlastronGuy ]

GlastronGuy
    My take on Mondello's/Olds.
    Buy, read and understand Mondello's Technical Reference Manual. He's not called the Olds guru for nothing. Take the Olds oil problems seriously if you want the motor to survive in a jet boat. Don't use Chevy geometry on the valve train. Lyn Provides free technical support if you call him on the toll line. He can be short and curt but he is very busy. Listen to his advise.
    We bought a lot of parts there and spent a lot of money. I could have saved money buying them from Summit and PAW but you don't get Lyn's expertise with the parts.
    One thing I over paid for was a high torque (jets need torque) starter. It has a lifetime warranty, has been replaced once and is trying to go out again. (It gets bathed in water every time I go out) I called Lyn and he sent sent me a replacement that day without a credit card or the old starter in his hands. That's customer service. He also took time out of his day to show my wife and I around the business once when we stopped in to pick something up.
    The Olds can be a good motor if put together correctly. You get the satisfaction that you built something everyone else hates and your not a sheep, blindly following the flock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123