Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "A" impeller question

spectras only
    Squirtcha , I've GPS'd the boat here in vancouver at sea level without the trapps.The boat is in the okanagan [1000' above sea level and temps in the high 90's] all the time with the trapps in [7 plates]to satisfy the neighbours the speed is down to 63. I have the Rex slip in mufflers [ 4" exhaust tips] in my V-drive boat and the rpm loss is less [around 150].It does take out the bark quite nicely.Still has a healty rumble but definately subdued.Pssst wink ,here in the lower mainland we don't have any prob with sound regulation so far , but the big guns in the okanagan getting a lot of attention lately eek!
    [ October 01, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

skeepwerkzaz
    TIMMINATOR,
    I think that was you that I followed to the dam on Sat. I would have liked to stay on it but my girlfriends boobies sometimes get to call the shots. Maybe boating bras......anyway how far into it did you get during our little blast? I could tell that thing moved.
    Clay

quiet riot
    squirtcha, Yah, its a little shorter deck. I basically took the design of a short sprintjet and lengthened it to allow for more passanger/cargo room while still trying to maintain the awesome handling of the sprintjets. The bottom is not really designed for speed but rather turning/holding corners and cutting through chop. I've lost about 7 mph with all the weight i've added to it, but I gottsa have all my junk in the boat.
    jd

Badboat1
    Here is what I did with mine
    AA-6600 rpm 800HP
    B -7200 800HP And bottom worked on boat
    A -6800 1300HP
    But put the 3/4 closed loader in with the A and we did cut it down a bit later and back to 7000
    BB1

screamdreambrad
    pops1 tommy cut the small diameter on my new mag-bronze, don't remember the measurement, but i am going to need some off the large side too. only turning 5900 with 750 hp. i am going to need about 400 or so more rpm. dyno'ed at 751, 7000 rpm. what do you think? (lime green edge). thanks, brad

TIMINATOR
    Now I'm confused, SKEEP was dat chu? Ive heard it was, it wasn't,it was? Was it? I just swatted it, no trim adjustment, no N2O,just got there so full fuel (48gal)too. Under those conditions it runs about 88 w/3 people. If I air it out (wife doesnt like that though)about91-92. Tomorrow I'm gonna try it with just me, no cooler and the rest of the fuel from Saturday (27 gal),with the latest mods, maybe the big 100? Was 96-97 before the changes, hope I didn't go the wrong way! Oh yeah, with 3 people, cooler, and 22 gal of gas(REGULAR!!!), and N2O have RADARED at 103! Lookin fer 100 on motor and whatever on bottle, maybe? Also the offer on carb help (idle)still stands, mine will idle for hours! We like to go waaaay back up in the feeders! TIMINATOR

1FastHallett
    I HAVE A 74 HALLETT WITH A JACUZZI JET THAT I HAVE INSTALED THE ENERGIZER KIT ON SO ITS BASICLY BERKLEY BOWL AND IMPELLER FROM WHAT I UNDERSTA. I TURN MINE OVER 600 RPM, IVE NEVER BEEN CLOCKED, BUT I KNOW IM HAULIN SERIOUS ASS!!!! I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT GOING STAINLESS AND HAVING BOWL WORK DONE. ANY IDEAS ON PRICE AND WHO I SHOULD HAVE DO THE WORK? IM IN SOUTHERN CALI (ONTARIO AREA) THANX FOR THE HELP!!

flat broke
    1FastHallett:
    I HAVE A 74 HALLETT WITH A JACUZZI JET THAT I HAVE INSTALED THE ENERGIZER KIT ON SO ITS BASICLY BERKLEY BOWL AND IMPELLER FROM WHAT I UNDERSTA. I TURN MINE OVER 600 RPM, IVE NEVER BEEN CLOCKED, BUT I KNOW IM HAULIN SERIOUS ASS!!!! I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT GOING STAINLESS AND HAVING BOWL WORK DONE. ANY IDEAS ON PRICE AND WHO I SHOULD HAVE DO THE WORK? IM IN SOUTHERN CALI (ONTARIO AREA) THANX FOR THE HELP!! MPD.
    Call Jack at Marine Peformance Designs in Costa Mesa. The nicest, most honest guy you could hope to meet, and he just happens to do absolutely amazing work.
    Chris

LVjetboy
    1fasthallet,
    Turned over 600 rpm? Do you mean 6000? Most jets idle above 600 rpm.
    Impeller power absorbed = impeller required input power depending on pump manufacturer. In other words NOT pump housing mfg. As in the impeller sets the curve not the pump housing mfg. So if you post your hp or rpms, take the time to also post your impeller mfg if different than your pump mfg.
    Squirtcha runs an Aggressor A/B at 5600 so the curves say 607 hp. Not far off his claim of 600 hp.
    Spectras says a Berk A at 5600 but the curve says 554 hp. He also reports 500 hp. Then says 5300 with mufflers. I'd say either the 5600 rpm was suspect or the claim of 500 hp. Because it's unlikely a Berk A will turn 5600 with 500 hp unless there's impeller issues.
    jer
    [ October 03, 2003, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

screamdreambrad
    lvjetboy, 5900 aggressor b mag-bronze, small dia. cut down just a touch. don't remember the measurement. billit inducer. 10.92 96mph edge tunnel. 751 on dyno at 7000. 678 @5900. does that work out on your side?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast