Thread: Nozzle and ride plate settings

Hal
    Using the bottom next to the intake as 0 degrees what should your nozzle up or down degrees from 0 be for a properly set up pump? What should the ride plate be set at? This is for a 19" Elim. daytona. It has a droop. Thanks for any help...Hal

565edge
    Hal:
    Using the bottom next to the intake as 0 degrees what should your nozzle up or down degrees from 0 be for a properly set up pump? What should the ride plate be set at? This is for a 19" Elim. daytona. It has a droop. Thanks for any help...Hal IT REALLY DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH POWER YOUR PUTTING TO IT,FOR 1,000 HP AND DOWN I WOULD SUGGEST 2 DEGREES UP ON NOZZLE AND 2 DEGREES UP ON RIDE PLATE,I HAVE A 19 EDGE STEALTH WITH AROUND 900HP AND THATS WHAT I HAVE THEM AT,YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO MORE ON THE NOZZLE BUT IT DEPENDS ON THE BOAT BUT 2 AND 2 IS A GOOD STARTING POINT.

Hal
    565edge, Thanks for the info....

roco racing
    ya thats pretty much my starting point for my daytona..2-1/2 up on my nozzle.and 2.2 up on my plate. we used 5/16 7075 aluminum with these crazy tensioners for my plate to keep it from warping. i was told plates take a severe beating on hard running boats, lots of pressure is put on them. what shoe depth are you running edge? back cut?

HammerDown
    For my 21 Daytona its at 2-1/2 up for the ride plate...by no means do I have a Drag/Race Boat...however I cant belive how sensitive my hull is to plate adjustments!

565edge
    roco racing:
    ya thats pretty much my starting point for my daytona..2-1/2 up on my nozzle.and 2.2 up on my plate. we used 5/16 7075 aluminum with these crazy tensioners for my plate to keep it from warping. i was told plates take a severe beating on hard running boats, lots of pressure is put on them. what shoe depth are you running edge? back cut? I HONESTLY DONT KNOW,PAPP SET IT UP,I HAVE NOT STARTED TO PLAY WITH ANYTHING YET,I NEED TO PUT A GUAGE AND MEASURE INTAKE PRESSURE,MY BOWL AND SUCTION ARE TAPPED BUT NEED TO HOOK IT UP,HOW IS YOUR BOAT COMING?

roco racing
    its coming along.i picked up a used calgo cable steering system the other day from risky business, and im about to send out my block to have it sonic checked to see how much cylinder wall we have left.see ya