Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEAT

1Bahnerjet
    What the hottest its been (Temp) on the river and you still didn't pack up and leave? Or do you come for the Heat? And at what temp is it too HOT?
    [ January 31, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

Mohavekid
    One time when I was a kid, we say 122 at Katherine's Landing. It was hot, but that's part of the river experience.
    It's never been too hot on the river, It's always too hot when I'm loading up the boat and the Suburban for the drive home.

Mohavekid
    One time when I was a kid, we saw 122 at Katherine's Landing. It was freaking hot, but that's part of the river experience.
    It's never too hot on the river, it's always too hot when I'm loading up the boat and the Suburban for the drive home.

RVRKID
    Havasu 128, sat in the channel and had beers, never thought of leaving.

cigarette1
    Havasu, thermometer at Crazyhorse read 115 in the shade .... was loving it
    I'm disappointed when it's below 110 at Havasu
    [ January 31, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

This may sound rediculus but I've seen it over 130 in Bullhead and we were just heading out to our spot on the river. I'm pretty sure I was still going to HS there. Other than that I've been at the river when it was over 120 easy. That's when you are about waist high in the water, double fisting some cold stock!! eek!
    [ February 01, 2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Stix818 ]

Back To Havasu
    My son and his buddies once camped at Havasu when it was 124...ah youth is awesome. wink

RiverLife
    I took this pic a couple of years ago at Mojave................ at 10:00 AM !!! The thermo was already tapped out by then, and I think it got to 129 that day. Really fuggin' hot, but we just stayed anchored somewhere and stayed in the water 'til about 9 PM when it cooled off to about 110.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/oh_Lord!1.JPG[/img]

79Hawaiian
    First time I went to Havasu I was 18 and had just bought an 84 Bronco 2. Just as I got there the water pump blew. I spent the day replacing it in the sun without a shirt or sunblock and had a sunburn that would make fire look cool. I think it was 115 that day.
    Funny, you have to do dumb shit things like that as a kid to learn. If someone older and wiser told me "hey, why don't you wait until 10pm to do that". I would thought "no Im 18 and know more that anyone else alive. I will do it now!".
    The older I get, the dumber I was.

raff
    First time we took the boat to BML, Lake Havasu, 1997, was 124, first time EVER being anywhere that hot. Now, can't get enough!!!
    Mark out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast