Thread: Houseboating on Shasta any good beaches to tie up?

gotriver
    First time houseboating on Shasta. Looking for good beaches to tie up. Will be there Aug 17 for the week. Any must see site-seeing? Any help is appreciated.

BiggusJimbus
    That's not nearly enough information for anybody to help.
    There are 400+ miles of shoreline. Thousands of places to tie up. Tons to see.
    Where are you getting your Boat? That's a good starting point.
    I'll be at Jones Valley until the 18th. Maybe there will be time to hook up.
    You're going to have a great time.

BK
    gotriver, depends on what you guys want to do. Good water for skiing, boarding ect.... Squaw and Pit arms are usually the best and least crowded. If its crowds and other boats you want then stay on the Sac arm from Sloterhouse Island to Antlers but espesially up towards Antlers. If you go to the top of the Pit past the bridge you can see a waterfall on the left side, if you hike up the hill a bit theres a pool of water it runs into you can swim in, kinda cool to check out. The only place on the lake with premium fuel is Silverthorn, under the I-5 bridge on the right heading toward the Squaw/Pit arms. I'll be hooking up with Jimbus at Jones Valley (just past the pit arm to the right) on Saturday, we'll be hanging out in the cove there if you want to stop by for a cold one? Heres a pic of my boat, keep an eye out for me and if you need anymore info let me know. Oh and as for beaches, since you'll have a houseboat you can pretty much pull up anywhare you like but theres not many spots on Shasta that have good flat beach arias and you'll be hard pressed to find sand. Its a very rugged shorline and not a place you want to beach your boat for the most part.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/123CFWdaddayboat-med.jpg[/img]
    [ August 13, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

BiggusJimbus
    You gotta' listen to Byron on this matter.
    I might clarify on the beaches info...
    You will not find many Sandy beaches. I can only think of a couple.
    There is lots of shoreline that is nice for spending your time.
    For Example...
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795Goosebeach2-med.jpg[/img]
    BTW, that is my boat. Flag me down if you see it.
    Who's houseboat are you going to be in?
    Maybe we'll see you on the w/end.
    Jimbus.

gotriver
    Thanks guys.
    More info. I will be boarding the houseboat from Sugerloaf through Shasta Lake Resorts. 56 footer with hot tub and wet bar up top. "I can't wait." I have been going to Powell the past five years but the water is just to low and it's time to find a new spot. I'm really looking for some beautiful quite spots to tie up. I can always take the Deck Boat crusing the hot spots. If I see you guys I'll hook up for a beer or two or three..........
    Thanks
    Gotriver-Ken

BiggusJimbus
    Ah, Cool. That pic that you see, Gooseneck beach is maybe a mile and a half or so downriver from Sugarloaf.
    You won't have any trouble at all finding places to tie up. Look for the East West coves, as you get better protection from the morning and late afternoon winds that kick up occasionally.
    You'll have a great time. Lots of lake to see.

NorCal Gameshow
    my kid just got back from shasta on a trip with her friends. she said the lake was nice, a lot of calm water. she didn't see any "hot boats" and the marina was loaded with algae....

gotriver
    Thanks all.
    Looking forward to a great trip.