Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LA TIMES on Parker accidents 9/28

Rexone:
    Keep in mind people, the investagation is ongoing and to my knowledge alcohol has not been ruled in or out yet as a factor. I'm sure Boatcop will let us know the "facts" when the investagation is complete. Until then the media is just guessing based on hearsay and interviews from people who may not know all the facts, etc.
    The news is always half hype and twisted by the writer whatever way they want to make the story more dramatic to the reader. Damn I feel like I'm talking to myself.... oh, I guess I am.
    Keep in mind, everything the newpaper writes is hearsay and speculation because there has been no investigation results released by anyone who knows anything for certain. That just what media does. They like to sell papers. Take what they write for what it's worth and don't assume the event happened a certain way or from a particular cause just because you heard it or read it.
    [ September 30, 2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

hbhallett
    Best way to deal with the left wing, propaganda, rag called the LA Times is to call them and tell them you don't agree with their style of reporting (where they skew the facts and present information in a LA times biased viewpoint), their constant support of Gumby Davis, Barbara Boxer / Streisand, and crew and promptly CANCEL your subscription. The only way they will ever change is through a deliberate downturn in the revenue. Hit them in their back pocket-

eliminatedsprinter
    hbhallett:
    Best way to deal with the left wing, propaganda, rag called the LA Times is to call them and tell them you don't agree with their style of reporting (where they skew the facts and present information in a LA times biased viewpoint), their constant support of Gumby Davis, Barbara Boxer / Streisand, and crew and promptly CANCEL your subscription. The only way they will ever change is through a deliberate downturn in the revenue. Hit them in their back pocket- I did exactly that several years ago. I told them I wanted to cancel them because of their political bias. They asked me which way I felt they were biased. I told them it did not matter, that I wanted my news as objective and unbiased as possible.
    There is an old saying.
    "Bad events spawn bad laws".
    It looks like boaters may be in for a fight over this. Could you imagine what it would be like if some left wing hacks try to make the river like Castaic?

v-drive
    I'm older not smarter than most here. there are alot of ways this could go and I have to agree with Mike in thinking we should cool off until we here the results of the investigation. Then they can feel our wrath....v-drive

h2oski2fast
    If anyone is interested in commenting of the inaccuracies of her story here is her email address: Christine.Hanley@latimes.com ,
    I have been going to Parker/Havasu all my life and am glad to say that I have never seen a major accident on those waterways. I, myself have never been involved in an accident either. This may be luck, but I believe it to be attentiveness and experience. Accidents, sadly, do happen. With the sheer number of people that visit Parker/Havasu each year, I think the accident rate is rather low.

Seadog
    An interesting question about cancelling your subscription because of their bias. If you don't tell them they are way too liberal, they will probably assume that you are leaving because they are too conservative. If you tell them they are too liberal, they will probably decide that you were the only right wing extremist readiing the paper and they no longer need to take you into consideration.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234