Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Boat Show!

roln 20s
    Anyone go? I went today and enjoyed my time there very much. I meet some more people from this ***boat site: it was great to meet you guys. Kachina boats has an amazing display of boats: their gel goats and airbrushing graphics look killer. Force Offshore had a 26 Cat and 3 29 Cats. They were nice boats, and it was a pleasure to talk to Dan Dorati, president of Force Sales. And of course, the attention getter, the second 44 Magic cat. Here's the kicker: its a crawlthru open bow. The bow section is probably the size of my bedroom. Triple 1000HP blowns, according to those standing around. Anybody hungry to blow $400K ish, gotta check it out. I didn't take pics, but my bro is going tomorrow and is going to take some pics, I'll try and post some. If anyone else goes, lets here what you think.
    Oh yeah, although not a ***boat, Malibu Boats had a killer display, and IMO, reaffirm their TOP status as the best SKI/WAKEBOARD boat in the world.
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Oh I forgot to mention, I saw the "new" Carrera 290 Effect cat! It looks good, but hard to differentiate looks and hull design from its F@r$e Cousin (IMO).
    I can't wait for the LA show. Let the countdown begin.
    Roln 20s

Craig
    yeah, we went last niight. It's OK for the Phoenix show. Couple of nice performance boats. Kachina, Force, Carrera, Eliminator, Sunsation. Pales in comparison to the LA show, but what the hell, it's 20 minutes away They did have a nice 29 Carrera cat for 70 grand 496 HO and trailer. Lots of room for a cat. Might be getting a bit large for a single though. Dennis was there!
    The one thing that really pisses me off is two years in a row, you're not allowed to take camera in. Oh, like Phoenix has all this secret stuff that they don't want picture taken of! Get real, go to a big boat show and you'll see folks snapping pic's everywhere.

Dusty Times
    My first year at the Phoenix show. Please tell me how much better L.A. is. If not I won't be able to convince the wife to go. She was't very impressed with Phoenix. Not enough hot boats. Guess I've finally got her trained.

Craig
    10 times better, at least! Two huge floors. Phoenix, you can see everything in about 2 hours. LA, dedicate a whole day. Man, it is really worth it. You have so many more performance boats and vendors.Well worth it!

NEW 2 RIVER
    and you can bring your camera

MikeC
    The Phx show this year was very NOT. I want to look at boats, not house boats......
    LA or bust for me this year.....

Dusty Times
    Thanx guys!
    She peeked at the post and is convinced. Looks like I'm L.A. bound. Hope to see ya there.

KCook
    Did ya look at the Checkmates? IMHO Kachina is a LOT nicer.
    Just had to say it,
    Kelly Cook

Hermosa
    Last year I talked to Louie at Kachina, he said he sold 55 boats at the Phoenix show, and that's why they don't do the LA or SD show. Sounds like a lot of boat orders for one show... I don't know. I have to say the Kachina prices were great, and the rigging, gel work looked awesome. There has to be some corners cut somewhere to sell at that price unless they really got their manufacturing process down to a science with no waste of time and materials...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast