Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator's new 27 Daytona....what's your take?

Jordy
    AZKC:
    "Ass for every seat" they say, but not mine in that one wink
    KC KC, as a tradtionalist, you aren't entitled to give an opinion... When you have the means to have a boat like this one then, and only then, can your opinion be reflextive of that.
    What a joke.
    From the pics I've seen, that boat just doesn't do it for me either... oh well.

HBjet
    Well, I'm a big fan of Eliminator....I own one! Just there is someting about this new Daytona that doesn't sit right with me. I think I could handle the engine compartment if the windshields where gone and the front looked like there 25' daytona. That would be a lot better looking. I do know that when I see Daytona's on the water, I'm stoked to see them and kinda jealous. When I see the 27 this year...I won't be!
    HB"neanderthal"jet

DogHouse
    So do you suppose that "Gladiator from Darkness" will ever register on the forums under that name???

Hallett19
    No matter what you think of it, if eliminator said "here's the keys, have fun" and gave it to you, you would not run that ? I liked the boat, loved the colors, loved the designs, not big on canopies but from my experience they are functional. Did anyone notice the "clean air" sticker on the side of the skittles boat ? I talked to the designer and told him he did a good job on it, I like eliminators alot, old and new, and they just have a great boat.

Froggystyle
    I am a big fan of form follows function mentality, and the upswept windscreens appear to buffet a lot of wind over the occupants, not funnelling it into their faces at full speed. Looks aside, if it works better, I am all for it.
    The engine hatch was pimp. Blended perfectly. The hatch for the bimini top was in my opinion the nicest feature at the entire show. I liked the billet gas fills in the intake vents, and I really liked the layout of the dash. I loved the lack of corners. Very swoopy.
    I hated the seats. The color and style of them were heinous, and the execution was miserable as well. The colors were terrible, although eye-catching. The dash needed some depth that the green was not providing.
    Aside from all of that, I thought that the rigging and appointment of the boat has a long way to go to catch up to the design. Tough to have an integrated bimini cover right next to surface-mounted POS speakers.
    My opinion of course...

AZKC
    jordanpaulk:
    AZKC:
    "Ass for every seat" they say, but not mine in that one wink
    KC KC, as a tradtionalist, you aren't entitled to give an opinion... When you have the means to have a boat like this one then, and only then, can your opinion be reflextive of that.
    What a joke.
    From the pics I've seen, that boat just doesn't do it for me either... oh well. Even if I had the scratch, I'd have to live someplace I could use it more than 6-8 times a year. Unless the Santa Cruz River suddenly starts running 8 ft deep
    What's reflextive?
    KC
    [ February 24, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

Jordy
    AZKC:
    What's reflextive? That, my friend, is a question that only the Gladiator of Diction can answer.

AZKC
    jordanpaulk:
    AZKC:
    What's reflextive? That, my friend, is a question that only the Gladiator of Diction can answer. or his side kick the Guru of Grammer
    KC

Jordy
    AZKC:
    or his side kick the Guru of Grammer
    KC After reading his letter, I don't think they've been hanging out together much. Perhaps the Guru of Grammar is hanging out with the Pimp of Punctuation and Spelling Steve.

mmered8299
    My five year old said it looked like a gumdrop! Why do these builders make their boats look like space ships? They are so aerodynamic you think there going to take off and go the moon. eek!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast