Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lake San Antonio Trip...June 7th & 8th

intense
    NashvilleBound:
    MJ's I just got my 100% "Go". So all we need now is a hotel.... Then the closest is going to be in Paso Robles, about a half hour away from north shore

miller19j
    Jeff,
    The only hotels that I know about anywhere near the lake are in Paso. That is about 30 to 40 minutes away.
    I stayed in a place called The Black Oak in Paso in my younger days when I was showing cattle at the fair. But to be honest I am not sure if it is a dump or not. Back then all I cared about was finding some young gal that would come back to it with me ( and that seldom happened).
    I would recommend camping.
    But here are a few hotel links.
    Brad
    Black oak Holiday inn Express Travellodge

MJ19
    I highly recommend camping too! That way you can have fun and not have to worry about driving 40 minutes pulling a boat...in fact, if you camp you don't have to worry about the boat period...it's right there with ya.
    Nashville check your e-mail...

mike37
    NashvilleBound:
    I was hoping to run next to your sled...you know...see if I can pull ya. I hear it does almost 60mph...WhooHooo, thats moving. So it will be close I'm putting new plugs in just in case!
    I'll bring it if you WILL be there....its no biggie. my sled will do 70mph so you better get some platnum plugs but i just got a 28p prop so i think
    ill go a littel faster
    but I think im working next sat so no boating
    I may camp sat night and give you a run sunday
    but for shure i will come out and have a cold one
    with all of you
    only hotels ar in paso but its not a bad drive to north shore

NashvilleBound
    The last I checked my GPS said (reg 30) 89. I need to pick up my labbed 30 and see what she'll do now. I'm hoping for low 90's. As far as camping .....never done it. Sad to say that the Hilton has been my camping experience. Tho, I will try anything once. I will talk to Fluffy and see what she says. I wanted to leave Thursday afternoon but it looks like Friday morning after we take Josh to school.

NashvilleBound
    Does the North Shore have any rentals like Naci? Anything? How about showers and such? Food? This camping gig makes me nervous....

mike37
    NashvilleBound:
    Does the North Shore have any rentals like Naci? Anything? How about showers and such? Food? This camping gig makes me nervous.... you can rent a hous boat on south shore
    i dont think north shore has showers

sandblasted
    mike37:
    NashvilleBound:
    Does the North Shore have any rentals like Naci? Anything? How about showers and such? Food? This camping gig makes me nervous.... you can rent a hous boat on south shore
    i dont think north shore has showers Rent a cabin at the south shore...(see website)...kinda of pricey so you might as well camp...south shore campgrounds have full hookups!
    http://www.tcsn.net/lsar/

79Hawaiian
    The largest point is called McCandles Springs. It has a huge grass area with showers and restrooms. Camping is super mellow. You park your rig next to the water and anchor you boat right there. Bring a small bbq and cook some burgers and dogs. The stars come out and it is just paradise! You can get ice and groceries at the marina store but I suggest you bring food with you as you will pay a premium on the lake.
    I will be there either late Thursday night or early Friday morning depending on what time my buddy gets off of work.
    things you don't want to forget:
    -Shade (EzUp)
    -Shoes (there can be stickers depending on where you setup)
    -Beer (no explanation necessary)

MJ19
    NashvilleBound:
    Does the North Shore have any rentals like Naci? Anything? How about showers and such? Food? This camping gig makes me nervous.... You're cracking me up...it's two days...you won't stink...if you do, we'll throw ya in the lake wink
    Seriously, North Shore DOES have showers on one of the rows and a store...but if you're not up to that 'level' of store you can always hop in the boat and drive to the docks (not far at all) where there is food, etc...there's a resturant at the docks...it's considered South Shore, but I prefer to get there via boat
    79Hawaiian:
    I will be there either late Thursday night or early Friday morning depending on what time my buddy gets off of work. Hey were you there the weekend before Memorial Day weekend? I saw a boat that looked a lot like yours that weekend.
    [ May 30, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast