Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acquisition of Houses at the River & Winter Rental to Snowbirds

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Originally posted by Sun burners:
    Have you looked into a duplex, I heard new ones go for about 150k+- then you could be a SLUMLORD twice as fast. SB
    I havent yet. Actually I have just started sniffing around, but I think that is a great Idea..Slumload twice as fast, having a place to stay for free..hey hey.. I like the idea http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Sun burners
    Im goig up there right now, if I'll try to get some Info.

MrHavasuCat
    We rented our house out there last year for 4 months and this past year for 3 months. It is hard to find the snowbirds that want to stay more than 4 months. Most of them stay where they are for the hoidays and come out in January. They have stayed till the midle of April both of the last 2 years. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath home with a pool about a mile from the bridge. We are getting $1200 a month but were told we could get more with a pool heater. Location seems to be a big thing with the snowbirds, they want to be close to town (Bridge area).

summerlove
    I have a condo at the Nautical Estates on the island. My monthly outlay is just under a grand, with mortgage, utilities and HOA. My inclome last year was just under $16K. The snowbirds like the condos better (or so I'm told) because they like the social interaction with other birds. Plus, mine is on the island golf course. Last year, I had 4 months of birds, this year, due to 9/11, I only had one. My unit gets rented out by McCulloch Vacation rentals and they do a great job of renting even when you're not there. My bird rent is 1750/mo and my summer daily is 165/night, and on the big 3 (mem, 4th, Labor) I get 295/night w/a 3 night min. Good luck! It is the BEST investment I ever made - free trips to Havasu!

CADILLAC BOB
    I might be of some help here.... www.callbob4havasu.com (http://www.callbob4havasu.com)

Timer
    summerlove, what do you do with your boat when you're staying there? Do they have slips or do you have to put it in/pull it out every day?

summerlove
    I store them at Campbell. The garage at the condo is too small. If you add in the cost of storage (2 boats = 200) and the 200 HOA, that $400 can go along way in a house payment...
    BTW, try and rent a slip at the marina or I pull it out every night, or leave it on the beach at the Nautical Inn.
    Hope this helps!
    Rick

Timer
    Thanks, summerlove. BTW, what's HOA?

CADILLAC BOB
    home owners association

Timer
    Thanks, CB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast