Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elsinore this Saturday/Sunday

Havasu Hangin'
    Hustler:
    I thought you were headed to the river this weekend? I got my hall pass revoked...then, reinstated for next weekend.

HavasuDreamin'
    Just out of curiosity, did you think about throwing Randy's old motor in the tunnel?

78Eliminator
    HavasuDreamin':
    Just out of curiosity, did you think about throwing Randy's old motor in the tunnel? No. I am building a blown 572 for that.

dmontzsta
    I will be out there sunday, look for the white flatty. Come say Hi. I dont know crap about tuning really, but my dad is the master. I think we go to west marina, if you are coming from the freeway you stay straight and go all the way down by the old folks and their trailers. Right by that big ole rickity boat.

Blown 472
    78Eliminator:
    HavasuDreamin':
    Just out of curiosity, did you think about throwing Randy's old motor in the tunnel? No. I am building a blown 572 for that. Kick ass, there is a guy back here with one, 14.71 with dominator carbs made 1050 on the "midwest dyno"

Jordy
    Take some pictures of the maiden voyage... Have fun.

78Eliminator
    jordanpaulk:
    Take some pictures of the maiden voyage... Have fun. Yeah, I will. Some video too! Jordy, are you going to be at RD's b-day bash? OP6? The Pimp Schiada will most likely be at both.

78Eliminator
    Blown 472:
    78Eliminator:
    HavasuDreamin':
    Just out of curiosity, did you think about throwing Randy's old motor in the tunnel? No. I am building a blown 572 for that. Kick ass, there is a guy back here with one, 14.71 with dominator carbs made 1050 on the "midwest dyno" That's the thing dude. I bought a 8/71 and now I am thinking that it's not going to feed the 572. I look at charts and they say that a 8/71 is fine, but the amount I am going to have to spin it is really going to cook the intake charge. I know it would be ok for a 540, but maybe not a 572. I also have two 780 holleys and am wondering if they are going to do the trick as well. I need to do some "auto" math before I go any farther.
    And also, for a 500lb. hull, is 1000hp going to rip it in half? My hull is layed so light, you can see the water from the inside of the hull. I wonder what the "sweet spot" hp would be and what might be too much....
    Also trying to figure out if I want to build just a 540. If I buy a rotating assembly with 4.5 stroke and bore my block to 4.25, I can always bore it to 4.5 later and make it a 572. BUT, in a jet, hp is the king. Long stroke lengths, as far as I know, are best used for drag cars and short track cars, where they need the torque to shoot out of the corners. So what I would really want to do is have a 4.5 bore and 4.25 stroke.
    With a jet, you pretty much "spool" the jet up and then you max out the rpms in a matter of seconds. In my opinion (from what I have read and heard), having HUGE stroke is a waste (in a jet). Better to have huge bore and let it spin up. I could be wrong and I welcome discussion.

cyclone
    if i can borrow a set of baffles i may bring the red boat out to the lake on Sunday. of course i'll be too hung over from the booze bowl to make it out there early.

cyclone
    what fuel do you plan on running and what's the static compression of the engine going to be? if you run 91 octane fuel and the compression is between 8-8.5:1 then you'll probably have to run really low boost (4-6psi). At that point the 10-71 would probably be overkill and the 8-71 would make more sense. just my two pennies in the bucket.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast