Thread: Parker water level?

Does any body know what the level is like currently at Parker. and do you know if the forecast is for a regular Spring level or is the projection for low levels at Easter?

mbrown2
    Best way to check is to go to Coloradoriver.com, and check out the waterflow reports. It has the most current, and goes back with like a year of reports. It won't tell you what the flow will be in March, but you can look at last year's for March and bet it will be close. Right now the flow at Parker Dam is around 6500; it will be double that come March...so the short answer is the water level will be higher for Spring Break.

SternDrive
    Try this link as well:
    http://www.lc.usbr.gov/pao/rivops.ht

SternDrive
    Oops sorry the entire link did not make it...
    add .html after the /rivops to make it work...

SK48
    The river in Parker was down for about ten days for service & repairs to the lower dam, and some sea wall work near the sherriff's station. The river has come back up but is still a little low.
    I went boating & skiing last weekend and the level was alright. Down near Bluewater its about normal, and in the Keys its down about 6 inches from normal on my dock. At Fox's I'd guess its about a foot lower than normal. Up above castle rock shores to the dam its pretty low, maybe down about 18 inches need to be careful up there.
    By Easter I'm sure it will be up to normal.

mbrown2
    Yeah, what he said...up north of Castle Rock it is lower...a foot or two lower...at least last weekend it was.

Boatcop
    The River's running at typical levels for this time of year. Forecast from BOR is for normal flows throughout the year.
    Since the Strip isn't used for storage of water, we're not at the mercy of supply and demand. Powell, Mead, and Mohave have that honor. Even in severe drought seasons, we have all the water we need.
    Now through March or so, Havasu will be 1-1.5 feet lower than normal so the BLM can do some work on their campsites, and other projects.