Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Shasta lake houseboating

hulshot
    cougar20 did you have the blue and white boat that came into the marina when we were tied up. It is good to meet the people that you talk with on these boards so you can put faces/boats with the names. I'm sure the 22 daytona with the blower will be there again and will just cruise by. oh well there is alot of other fun boaters to hang with and bench race with the silver sodas while basking in the hot july summer sun, OH YEEEAAAAAHHHH. you guys are driving me to work on my boat now.

Rock-it man
    WOW !!! DOUBLE WOW !!! You guys have me excited--- with all this talk about the 4th of July at Lake Shasta,being there is that much interest in that weekend why not make it an EVENT-!!!!!!!! HOWS THIS.
    SHASTA BLAST
    First annual forth of july shasta blast at HOT BOAT COVE just across from the Obrian Inlet on the Sacramento arm of Lake Shasta.An informal gathering of HOT BOATS & HOUSE BOATS to celebrate Hot Boats and FREEDOM.
    Lot of room for houseboats,BE there for Fast Action and fast boats (CATS RULE} Group run fri & sat up the lake. B-Y-O-B-B.I can see it now 50+ big blocks (sml blocks too) running up the lake at once heck! I can even feel it. What do you all think ??????

Boatmaster
    Sounds good to me! Rock it Man you missed it last year we all met at the Obrien inlet sign on friday with all the people from the forums. There was about 20 boats and we ran up to the Pit and back, all in all it was a great time. Hope this year is better. Sounds good about all meeting in Shotgun cove(AKA) Hot Boat Cove across from Obrein inlet. Lets see how big we can make this!!

Spirit of Discovery
    You guys keep talking about Shasta Marina. Have they cleaned that place up? My dad kept his boat there for years. After the storm that blew the roofs off the docks and then the water fluxuations, that place went downhill badly. That has bees quite a few years ago, though. He moved to Holiday Harbor. I have lots of fond memories of "ol Shasta Marina during the early '80's.

Boatmaster
    Yes that Shasta Marina has done a complete 180 since then. It is under new ownership and is looking great! Their rental houseboats are now the nicest on the lake. The marina still deals with all the water level problems, but all the people in the marina are great. Plus on a good weekend there are 15+ Daytona's. Who is your dad I may know him?

Rock-it man
    Boatmaster OK ~!!!! I will spread the word up here and some friends at havasu and tahoe and sacto. Sounds like a blast sorry I missed you all last year as just could not get away, But will be there for sure this year. ANd will make as many trips as I can . Wanto to go on a few poker runs whats happening on the Delta this year still havent heard anything about the Sacramento Shootout,have you. ROCK-IT MAN

Rock-it man
    Boatmaster,just met a dealer for dcb he said he would have matched $$$$ for a dcb vs elim 26 would have considered it a while back but probably would have gone with the elim as it has proven speed ,so!!! you think I will trash the drive HUH !!! NOT !!!!! have learned to not hammer it but roll in easy ,that lesson cost a LOT !!!. Still hoping for mid to late march for the new boat then have to install the motor as the rest Elim is doing.Got a lot of tips on driving this rocket as I do not have a lot of exp in cats.What do you think about trim tabs like DANA on the cat as I will be set up for top speed it may need a little help getting on plane any one have them on your cats,if so how well do they work,Have 5 boats comming from this area to the SHASTA BLAST if the word gets out it may be a circus there oh! well the more the better. From all the threads on all the forums there is going to be some serious HP running around down there maybe I should build bigger The merlin tall deck can go up to 740 cu in !!!!!.Guess I will run this for a year and see what happens.

Boatmaster
    Hey Rock-it-Man what dealer did you talk to, that price I gave you was straight from Dave and had no cut in it for me? I told him the price you were paying and was told that he could not beat it. As for your drive I hope it will hold up for you. ask Hulshot he is on his second Extreme SC, easy driving and 1000hp. I will also spread the word down here for the Shasta Blast can't wait!

Rock-it man
    Boatmaster,figures its easy to quote after the fact I thought he was blowing smoke!!! Wonder why the SC broke, Jerry May at Elim had good things to say about the SC and the boat they tested in Jan Powerboat had the same drive,Bob Teague did the test and I here if its not his it might get broke during the test just a rummer not that I know for a fact,I ran the extreme advantage on the rage and with juice was pushing 1000 hp at sacramento ,made 6 passes with it and no problims and ran it the rest of the summer, I ran syn oil in the drive and changed it often and rolled the power on easy. YA !!!! Ready To Rip Up Shasta. will be there a few times before to test and dial this thing in,and got to get the houseboat out of its winter rigging,I have a large orange flag that can be put up at the cove so to find it if needed. ROCK-IT MAN

hulshot
    rock it man just remember it is when is the drive going to break not will it break. I have gone through 7 drives with my engine and boatmaster has been with me on about half of them. never hard off the line, very easy to 40-45 and then can roll into the throttle steadily. It is the torque that kills them. 3 of the drives were high end drives teagues platinum and imco SC brand new with under 2 hours. all drives have broke at lower rpms between idle and 2600. I also run the drive very deep under the pad so it stays in the water, I will give up a couple of MPH because of this but I will have less of a chance to shock load it due to the depth of the drive. we have big heavier boats and the strain is tremendous on the drives. Some people have luck some dont. Were looking forward to meeting up with the Oregon group and all others at Shasta this summer. hopfully my drive willhold up long enough. good luck on your new boat and keep us informed. HULSHOT

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast