Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Shasta lake houseboating

Rock-it man
    Hulshot,I wonder if the drives break becouse of the weight of your boat and the stress of getting up to speed. I have talked to a lot of Elim owners along with Teague and imco, dosnt seem to be a problim with the datona 25 or 26 as long as you dont hammer it and keep the boat in the water we will see this summer,maybe I should just sit on shore and just look good!!! NOT---- IM raising my x dim 1 in higher than the boat tested in Jan Powerboat Mag ,as they did a lot of testing with that boat,though I heard when teague did the test run he did break a drive.Is that why boatmaster likes egg beaters, Its not that I dont like out boards they just dont sound as good as a blown bigblock and the torque did not seem the same when I rode in one.Looking forward to meeting everyone this summer at shasta of somewhere else.ROCK-IT MAN

Craig
    Rock it man, I had Bennett trim tabs on my Advantage Sport Cat when I first got it with a stock motor. They were mounted over the tunnels. They did help quite a bit getting on plane. The Sport Cat ain't so great out of the hole. I had to get rid of them though when I went with external steering. The rams mounted right where the Bennetts did on the transom Now I have fixed "tunnel tabs" for the porpoise. They work great. I guess I could put hydraulic ones back on the outter edges of each sponson like they do on vees.

Rock-it man
    Craig, the imco sc drive has the hyd steering arms mounted on arms on the standoff box,thinking of tabs on each sponson,have not talked to anyone about a tunnal tab,I used the tabs all the time on my old Nordic when getting on plane especially when loaded with people and the dana tabs wrer great,will have to do a little more reasearch I guess,if any off the cats out there have used tabs please reply.Thanks ROCK-IT MAN

hulshot
    rock it man prove us wrong then. lets see if the drive will handle it. lets see 4000+ lbs. I was told by the same people as you about the drives. they said it may hold for a while.

acatitude
    HUlshot, you ever thought about a b-max? looking forward to shasta if i have my new ride. ANd Kieth, whats the rental price and the warranty LOL

Robbie Racer
    Hey Ken, we can negotiate the lease cost but the warranty is 40 hours or 4,000 RPM whichever comes first.
    I talked to Al and he wants to stay at a RV place that has full hook ups so he booked reservations at the Shasta Lake RV Resort and Campground for both of us. It's real close to where you will be staying. He can't get off work until July 2nd, so that's when he will be arriving. I will probably arrive a day or two before that. I can hardly wait. Keith

acatitude
    Sounds good Keith. Al told me where he got resv, you guys will be real close. we will just meet up each day and go. Lease sounds ok to me LOL i never go over 4000 rpms anyways. unless im trying to stir up the marquritas.

Rock-it man
    Are ya trying to tell me to not believe all that IMCO says,maybe there like all the dealers that say No Problem it will go over 100mph RIGHT!!!!! Its gotta hold up for a while becouse after Im done with paying for the boat and motor have to get a loan for the fuel it will take.Is anyone running AC gas in there blower motors and hows it work,I ran it a lot in a 572 unblown at 10.2/1 with no problems.Is that campground your at on the Sacramento Arm ? Hope to have my houseboat parked with boatmaster across from the obrian inlet at least fri & satnights.ROCK-IT MAN

Robbie Racer
    Rock-it-Man, yes we all are staying on the Sacramento arm. Shameless Kitty (aka BlownCarrera) and his group are staying on the the Salt Creek Inlet which is the next one further north on the Sac arm from the O'Brien inlet. Al and I will be staying just a little further north (near the Lakeshore Marina) on the Sacramento arm. We are all within about a 10 minute boat ride (at 60 mph cruising speed) from each other.
    I'm not familiar with AC gas. What's that?

Spirit of Discovery
    Boatmaster, My Dad is Jack Arden. Had the boat at Shasta Marina from about 1978 until about 4 years ago. The first boat was an old Chrysler open bow. He replaced that with a red Seaswirl Cuddy (19 ft., I think). I lived there from '81 to '85, when Russ (I think that was his name) owned SM. I was on the lake there, probably 300 days per year. Maybe we ran into each other!! Wouln't that be a hoot, running into each other 20 years later on the internet! I used to hang out with a builder from Grants Pass named Neil (can't remember his last name). He had a funky looking houseboat with a blue boat hull. Neil was about 55 and had a fine looking girlfriend who was about 25 (Go Neil!) I used to sell airplaneds at the airport there and Neil would fly in almost every weekend.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast