Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone want a free dog??

Eric455
    a buddy of mine wants to give away a 10 month old PITBULL. its for free, he got it as a gift and has no love for it. his last coice is the dog pound, and wee all know what they would do to the dog. thanx for any info.
    eric

Jungle Boy
    Sorry to slam your buddies dog, but they are a piece of shit dog. devil
    I am sorry for the stupid comment. I know that there are lots of good owners of this breed and am sorry if I offended you.
    [ December 17, 2002, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

TrojanDan
    Hey Jungle Boy,
    I think you got it wrong. It's the POS owners not the dogs that gave them the bad rap. Although all dogs have their natural animal tendencies. If you train them early enough, they can be as obedient as any other dog.

24RODjr
    Dude...what a short-sighted thing to say.
    Rule of thumb is that any dog can be trained to kill.
    Come on man...

Jungle Boy
    TrojanDan:
    Hey Jungle Boy,
    I think you got it wrong. It's the POS owners not the dogs that gave them the bad rap. Although all dogs have their natural animal tendencies. If you train them early enough, they can be as obedient as any other dog.I do think that you have that 90% correct. It is the owners, but the breed does have very agressive tendencies. I have had a couple of German shepards and now own a Australian Shepard. Though we have never formaly trained any of our dogs, they do have insticts that can't be denide. The Aussie wants to chase and stock the goats (yes goats!) and the Germans wanted to gaurd the house. I have had freinds with Rotties and ons with shitbull and they are good people but the dogs scare the shit out of everyone but the owners. I have noticed that most of the folks with a dog like that is just an extension of their own personality. The pitbull wants to kill every dog it sees,but the owner says it's harmless. ya right. Sorry to get long winded, just my observations.

Jungle Boy
    Jungle Boy:
    TrojanDan:
    Hey Jungle Boy,
    I think you got it wrong. It's the POS owners not the dogs that gave them the bad rap. Although all dogs have their natural animal tendencies. If you train them early enough, they can be as obedient as any other dog.I do think that you have that 90% correct. It is the owners, but the breed does have very agressive tendencies. I have had a couple of German shepards and now own a Australian Shepard. Though we have never formaly trained any of our dogs, they do have instincts that can't be denyied. The Aussie wants to chase and stock the goats (yes goats!) and the Germans wanted to gaurd the house. I have had freinds with Rotties and ones with shitbulls and they are good people but the dogs scare the shit out of everyone but the owners. I have noticed that most of the folks with a dog like that is just an extension of their own personality. The pitbull wants to kill every dog it sees, but the owner says it's harmless. ya right. Sorry to get long winded, just my observations.

Jungle Boy
    oops, don't know what happened there, just wanted to correct a couple of spelling errors. I guess I opened my mouth before thjinking again. I know that there are lots of very responsible dog owners out there. I am just going off what I've seen and from a few experiences I've had at a off leach area that I walk my dog at. Sorry to piss any one off about there choice of pooch.

MJ19
    TrojanDan:
    Hey Jungle Boy,
    I think you got it wrong. It's the POS owners not the dogs that gave them the bad rap. Although all dogs have their natural animal tendencies. If you train them early enough, they can be as obedient as any other dog.Ditto...most dogs that turn out to be 'difficult' in any way, shape or form is because they have Piece of Shit Owners. Pits do have a really bad rap for aggression, but 99% of the time it's the owners fault. The type of people that want "tough" dogs don't seem to realize the dog needs a responsible caring (non-macho) owner. Someone that is willing to spend the needed time every day working on obedience and socializing. People that get animals need to realize it's a life long commitment just like a child...you don't give up because you are a failure at parenting. You strive to make things work.
    You may want to post a picture of this darling puppy so that people can see what they might be interested in saving! Also, try posting his info and picture over at www.petfinders.net
    We have our hands full with our own pack of dogs here.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Dogs.JPG[/img]
    I will spread the word to my dog loving friends over at www.GreatPets.com
    Best of Luck!
    [ December 16, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

nhbuoy
    Dogs are my favorite people!!!Good luck with the adoption...I hope you find a good home for him/her?...HEY RD...That was QUITE an informative spiel about the pit bull...I was VERY impressed and feel much more educated about the breed...It's too bad they are soooo ugly looking!!!hahahahahaha!!!JK!!!I've found that there are REALLY SCARY ones & some that are really good dogs, they DO get a bad rap...Personally, I'm a BLACK LAB guy...RD...That dog in the picture is a really good lookin animal!...It's too bad the weird lookin guy holding her....OHHH wait,... that's YOU!?!?!>>>>>>>LATAPOTATA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

novaguy
    "a buddy of mine wants to give away a 10 month old PITBULL. its for free, he got it as a gift and has no love for it."
    If the owner has no love for it, then what kind of dog is it being trained to be?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast