Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Considering moving to Phoenix area!

totenhosen
    I just spend the last three days in Phoenix. I was amazed at how cheap housing is and how new and clean the city is. I think I would look in the Tempe area. I'm in commercial banking so I'm not worried about a job. But how is the overall life there? Are the summers really as unbearable as some say? Any suggestions or advice you have?

Slick
    If you work outside for a living, the summers suck. Other than that, it's not that bad after you've been here a couple summers.
    There's a lot to do here with decent lakes in every direction. Not to mention you're about an hour closer to the river than SoCal.
    I'm looking for a new house as we speak. Tempe is okay. You can get a lot of house in the East-Valley for the money but traffic really sucks to get downtown everyday. Try North-Phoenix or Scottsdale.
    Here is a link to get you started:
    http://www.azcentral.com/hbc/search.php
    Slick

Party Cat
    Slick:
    Not to mention you're about an hour closer to the river than SoCal.
    Slick If it's closer, then why do the peeps from SoCal get out to the river more than you

Slick
    Touché, Douche

totenhosen
    Slick:
    You can get a lot of house in the East-Valley for the money but traffic really sucks to get downtown everyday. Try North-Phoenix or Scottsdale.
    Slick Traffic is commuting from Pasadena to downtown L.A. on a daily basis. 12 miles takes about 45-75 minutes on a good day. But I'll definately keep that in mind.

Party Cat
    Slick:
    Touché, Douche I had to do it
    We missed ya Sat night.......well actually your better half

Powerquestboy
    Phoenix is allot of fun, I've been here for 5 years and still cant get used to the heat..its out of hand. The only possible way to survive is to go to the lake every weekend. You have several good lakes within 45 minutes in either direction, and only about 3 hours to Havasu. If you commute to LA, traffic will be a breeze for you. I love Pasadena and would never leave there if I were you but Phoenix has allot to offer and its pretty tough to beat brand new 3 bedroom homes for 130K.

PowellScooter
    Lived in Scottsdale for 10 yrs, was there for the 125^ day, wife lived in the pool while pregnant with first son, the heat is not unbearable, you go from your air conditioned house to your a/c car to the a/c mall or work or....The Phx valley has all gang/crime/big city stuff we didnt want so we moved because we didnt want to raise the boys in that enviornment. Its isolated here but my boat hasnt been messed with parked at the house I enjoy riding the scooter to work and I was out of town all last weekend and I wasnt sure if I locked my house but it wasnt a major concern. I enjoyed living there, but here is better, its all about whats important to you...

JohnnyBaker
    Check out web page - great development

Eric455
    I live in glendale, ca i want to move to arizona. perferably Lake havasu city area. now as far as jobs go i think i can make it on my own. i want to open up a small fastfood TO-GO resaurant, my family is in the buisness. If anyone can give me some info about that city it will be very helpfull. well you know i've been to lake havasu before but only on holiday weekends. and i really want to know from a residents point of view about the city. thanx again for taking your time to read this. i am going to drive to lake havasu saturday night. just to see how the city is... restaurants for sale, place to stay, jobs, ect... just to scoop the place out. so if you guys can give me any info A.S.A.P. it will be great.
    thanx
    eric

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast