Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Hotcrusader76
    Just based on the fact that someone acomplished such a precision attack, don't you think this justifies every reason to attack Iraq? Yes this was a terror attack and some say Iraq had nothing to do with it, but do you believe that?
    Sorry I just needed to get this off my mind...
    http://www.pianoladynancy.com/recovery_usscole.htm

JetBoatRich
    Those pictures are cool, amazing how they do that
    What would you do? Great question, action needs to be taken

miller19j
    What would I do? I would do my best to show a link between the terrorism or potential future terrorism to the rest of the major powers of the world. Then rally their support for any action our military takes. If we play this one out the wrong way it could get very ugly. I am all for retribution but I would like to keep the American causalities to a minimum. This needs to be a well planned endeavor.
    But if our spineless president that was in office at the time of this attack and the attacks on the barracks would have done something a long time ago we wouldn’t be in this mess. I guess getting blowjobs from fat interns was much more important!
    Just my 2 cents.

Chaddyshack
    Good point Brad, but what the hell ever happened to Tali and his brother Al Queda??? Why the hell don't we end one problem before getting to the next????
    I'm all down with kicking ass, but they ALL hate americans over there, so just cuz we eliminate one over there, whos to say that another won't start up????
    Chaddy's .02

miller19j
    I think the current theory in our government is that Iraq is the biggest supporter both fiscally and logistically of Al-Quida. So any action against Iraq would actually be an extension of our initial goal in Afghanistan.
    As far as being hated over there, your are correct for the most part. We have a few allies however Egypt, and the Saudies being the two biggest with the most control over the region. But they are not real happy with the idea of us going to war over there again. We need to make sure that we get their support before we launch any offensive. If we do over through the government we need to make sure that it is replaced with a stable one.
    One thing that if for certain this thing is not going to get better on its own. It will only get worse. These people do not forget! Look how long they have been fighting in the west bank.
    I am going to get off my soap box before I get carried away.

lakesmodified
    miller19j:
    But if our spineless president that was in office at the time of this attack and the attacks on the barracks would have done something a long time ago we wouldn’t be in this mess. I guess getting blowjobs from fat interns was much more important!
    Just my 2 cents. Not to get into a Democrat VS Republican discussion here, because quite frankly I vote for the person and NOT the party... However, if the previous spineless president(ie. Bush's Daddy) before the one your talking(Clinton) about would have taken care of Saddam during the Gulf War, we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in right now!
    That's my 2 cents worth

miller19j
    lakesmodified:
    [QUOTE]Not to get into a Democrat VS Republican discussion here, because quite frankly I vote for the person and NOT the party... However, if the previous spineless president(ie. Bush's Daddy) before the one your talking(Clinton) about would have taken care of Saddam during the Gulf War, we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in right now!
    That's my 2 cents worth Hardly! The objective of the gulf war was to free Kuwait. We succeeded in that goal and left it at that.
    During the administration of Clinton their was a terrorist (Bin Laden) running around blowing up Ships, Embassy’s, Barracks and attempting to blow up the world trade center. We knew who he was and the administration did nothing about it. Then he came back and succeeded in bringing the world trade center down on his second try. Make no mistake about it that is why we are now.
    If he and his organization were taken care of in the early nineties we would not be where we are now.
    Now if we continued into Iraq during the gulf war we would have lost a lot of American lives and all of our allies in the region.
    [ January 19, 2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

Tim_T
    When Oliver North told congress about Osama Bin Laden in the mid to late 80's, congress laughed at him and blew it off. He told them that this man was threat to the united states and he needed to be taken out. They didnt take it for action. Now its like 17 years later and they cant find him. Bottom line, congress shouldve listened and got when they were first warned and thousands of lives would have been saved. just my .02
    Tim

lakesmodified
    Miller19 and Tim-T, that email circulating about Oliver North talking to the Joints Staff and Congress was proven to be a hoax! And for those of you that are too young to know, it was the Republican Party that gave Osama quite a bit of help, both financially and training years ago! As far as not going after Saddam during the Gulf War, our own Armed Forces wanted to take him out, but Bush declined! Wake up and smell the roses guys.... Politicians are politicians, they're all liers. Don't hide behind the facade that Repulicans care about the people, and Democrates just want to give out Welfare... By the way, Bush JR just signed legislation that will screw over just about anyone over the age of 40 that has been working for a major corporation with a pension plan... That legislature, makes it legal for companies to change your retirement from a pension plan to a cash-out plan... Read the news, and educate yourselves before it's too late. The only reason Bush passed this legislation, is to help the large corporations in the USA, not you or I.

lakesmodified
    miller19j:
    I think the current theory in our government is that Iraq is the biggest supporter both fiscally and logistically of Al-Quida. So any action against Iraq would actually be an extension of our initial goal in Afghanistan.
    Miller19, you're absolutely right! BUT wait, you don't think that our goverment just realized this last year, do you? Of course not, we've known for many years that Saddam is a supporter of terrorism World-wide. That's why General Schwarzkopf answered this question: Q: Everyone's always said to me "Oh, they had a very clear objective" you know, "Get rid of the Iraqis from Kuwait." Could you explain to me in headline terms, just very briefly, why wasn't that good enough?
    Schwarzkopf: Well I think, I think... What has happened since then... is a pretty clear example of why that probably wasn't good enough.
    AND you want to say that Bush Senior didn't F**KUP royally? Come on guys... Like I said before, I could give a rats ass whether the person in power is a Republican or a Democrat. If they ****ed up, face it, and go on. Don't try and cover up their screwup.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast