Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stereo

Coach
    I just put a system in my boat. Pioneer deck DHE-P740mp and crossfire speaks and amp. I used 5.25 in the side front, 6.5's by the rear bench, and a crossfire dw10 in front of the drivers seat. The amp is a 404 which powers the whole system. It is very loud. The pioneer deck lets me adjust the lows, mids, and highs, as well as it has high pass filter. I can adjust the sub to different frequencies. If you have not heard of crossfire they are a so cal company which offers a 3 year warranty on all speakers and amps. The system is very loud. I wanted to put 6x9's in the rear bench but I didn't want to have them open to the storage area where water and other stuff could damage them. I went with the 6.5 to the side of the bench and it sounds great. I also have rigged up 2 bose 151 with a bracket to attach to the rear hatch so when people ski they can listen to the tunes or I can used them while on the beach without drawing as much power from the system. The bose use the power from the deck to I can adjust the fader as to which speakers I want to use. If anyone wants pics let me know I will take some.

Coach
    Also the bose can be put away in the rear compartment when I am crusing around.

Nubbs
    Coach:
    If anyone wants pics let me know I will take some. Pics please.

rivercrazy
    Froggystyle:
    Build a new seatbase for the subs (like HH's) and re-locate the mids as high as you can. Froggy is right about the subs in the seat base. I splashed Havasu Hangin's design and it does work quite nicely.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/Picture_036.JPG[/img]

nuboater
    Will it be enough if I put a sub in each of the front seats? I think they have around 1 1/2 or cubic feet or something like that?

rivercrazy
    Most 10" call for about .65 cubic feet and 12's at about 1 cubic foot sealed. Brands and speakers vary a bit but I think you got the room.

ROZ
    Froggystyle:
    will transmit all of your wave (given appropriate wavelength considerations). 40hz wave is about 28 feet long.
    80hz wave is about 14 feet long.
    100hz wave is about 11 feet long...
    Yes, I am a geek.
    [ January 21, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

nuboater
    I really appreciate all of the help!!
    You may not know enogh to answer this question, but...
    What is the best 12 to put in the seat base?
    Will a fosgate work ok? Would another brand perform better?
    I listen to all types of music (excluding country)
    mainly rap, rack, alternative.

nuboater
    frickin doublepost
    [ January 21, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: nuboater ]

Froggystyle
    "Roz: 40hz wave is about 28 feet long.
    80hz wave is about 14 feet long.
    100hz wave is about 11 feet long...
    Yes, I am a geek."
    And you need at least a 1/4 wave function of that to be correct... right? Meaning, a 1/4 wave can accoustically reproduce a 1/2 wave which inverted can reproduce a full wave...
    [ January 21, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast