Thread: Launch at your own risk!

sandblasted
    Just got back last night from a weekend at Park Moabi...Man, was the river low..The gate attendants at the Park were telling people to launch at their own risk...Actually it wasn't too bad there..but it sure was crowded for an October weekend.
    I decided to take some friends up to needles and float back..Water looked real low, almost all the boat docks on the river were sitting on the rocks or ground, this was at 1pm..Turned around at the bridge, started floating and jumped in the water...Good thing I didn't dive!! We were able to stand up in water that was only about chest high and every once in awhile there would be a high spot where it was waist high..
    The water was so low the gas dock at Needles Park Marina was sitting on the ground..
    Saw quite a few bent props later in the day...Sure glad I have a jet..

JetBoatRich
    Greg, nice to have a jet boat at that point

I was up at Avi, and the water was low too (obviously). Saturday morning at 8 I was the only boat on the beach, other than lake lice. The trailer sunk into the sand on the ramp, and at that point I HAD to launch just to get the trailer out again. There never was enough water to float into Lazy Harry's!

j-rod
    Just got back from Bythe yesterday the water their was real low also the trailer fell off the ramp, Sat/Sun water level was a little higher not much.

hd&boatrider
    Saturday at Needles could not launch. Went to Moabi and launched....Water level was pretty low. Went down to the Sandbar & channel and back again. Some areas made me think that we were going to hit something...never did though. This is why I stick to Lake Mohave and try to stay off the river with my prop.
    Oh ya....my buddy ran out of gas on the FWY with 1/2 mile to the gas station. That sucked frown

sandblasted
    JetBoatRich:
    Greg, nice to have a jet boat at that point Glad I did! Only sucked up a few weeds but no problems this time out. It was a great weekend out there even with the low water.
    [ October 13, 2003, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]