Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Don Pedro Info anyone??

JustMVG
    My wife and i went to the L.A. county fair Monday and looked at one of the House boat rentals, and were thinking of going up there Thanksgiving weekend, towing our boat and renting the house boat. Has anyone been to this lake and can give me some helpful advice/warning??
    Thanks MikeVG and Family

gnarley
    Try these links. http://www.donpedrolake.com/
    http://www.donpedromarina.com/
    November seems to be a wet month from what I remember & since Thanksgiving falls on the 28 it is even closer to the wet season in the foothills. If you don't mind the rain it might be nice to get away. I would check the historical weather records anyway.

West Coast Dave
    Been to the lake a couple of times only in the summer. Huge lake, 2,500,000 acre feet. From the dam to the marina at the top it's like 35-40 miles. Really some neat coves and some great scenery toward the back end.

haulina29
    Was at Don Pedro last weekend and the water is down 65 feet or more . The wind blew four four days straight . with the water level being down the coves are gone it is a big ass lake . I wont go back until the water is up, acording to locals it is full or close to it every year . As far as thanksgiving goes id pass one more thouht for houseboating it aint no Shasta Mitch

Heatseeker
    Don Pedro is a great lake. But for Thanksgiving...kind of iffy. I remember one TG weekend having to tack back and forth into the wind for 3 1/2 hours to get our houseboat back to it's mooring ball.
    Might not be the best time for a first visit, but you should visit it. 165 miles of shorline and some bitchin scenery towards the river.
    There is a write-up and some photos at
    Laid Back Boaters.com

PickleFork2Be
    How is Flemming Medows launch ramp? Not to 2 lanes yet is it?
    PF2BE

sb540
    The lake is a lot more senic if you go to Moccasin marina. Also, the house boats at Moccasin are much nicer and newer than Flemmings are. It can be a little rough but if you know what you are doing (unlike Heatseeker) you'll be fine. Good luck!

Heatseeker
    sb540:
    The lake is a lot more senic if you go to Moccasin marina. Also, the house boats at Moccasin are much nicer and newer than Flemmings are. It can be a little rough but if you know what you are doing (unlike Heatseeker) you'll be fine. Good luck!Have you ever piloted a 55' houseboat into 60 mph winds, raining like a bastard, there, Sangerboy? Didn't think so!

Her454
    Im about 25 minutes from Don Pedro and I would defintly not go for Thanksgiving. Weather is usually nasty and unpredictable, but always cold.

sb540
    Heatseeker:
    sb540:
    The lake is a lot more senic if you go to Moccasin marina. Also, the house boats at Moccasin are much nicer and newer than Flemmings are. It can be a little rough but if you know what you are doing (unlike Heatseeker) you'll be fine. Good luck!Have you ever piloted a 55' houseboat into 60 mph winds, raining like a bastard, there, Sangerboy? Didn't think so!Actually Seatheater, I meant Heatseeker, I have given that a shot. As a matter of fact, I think it was the same weekend I smoked your slow-ass blown jet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast