Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Blown/EFI new 28 'Conquest Cat

BoatPI
    Some may have heard about this one already. The ante is up, $10,000 reward!
    2002 Conquest 28' Boss Cat.
    Blown (BDS) Eickert 675" mountain motor, AZ 2149 D, hull number, JSXB1004B202. On a new Zieman trailer. Boatman.com
    Burglars broke into the manufacturing facility of Conquest/Group One Marine in Lake Havasu City taking this boat and trailer.
    Boatman.com Call tips to 800/325-8061. Calls over the Labor weekend will be returned this weekend.
    Keith
    [ August 28, 2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: BoatPI ]

intense
    WTF! These pricks are getting real brave. I hope this shit ends real soon with these bastards. This sucks!

Tom Foolery
    No way, another one? WTF!!?? Boats are disappearing faster than little girls!! People are no damn good.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I can't believe this! WTF is going on here!?!?!?!?!? This is the most boat thefts in one summer that I have personally heard about.
    I'm wondering if some of the builders that have not yet been hit are going to get more proactive on their theft deterrent systems? Although, beyond an alarm system what can they do? Guards can be hired, but that is not fool-proof. Of course nothing is.
    I know of one builder that was broken into during their regatta but no boats were stolen.

pleasantcat
    THIS HAS GOT TO FU***G STOP!!!
    i dont even want to go to havasu for a while now. have a nice trip planned and loose a loved one (the boat i mean) all in the same weekend??? we all need to keep our eyes open for odd stuff being sold.. i have friends in the " streetracing " community who are looking for charlies stuff already. i'll have them look out for yous as well if you can give some info..
    " bring back public executions please"

Bahner tunnel
    There are some losers with some MONSTER balls out there. First off where do you stash a 28' cat. I have enough trouble storing my 19' jet boat . I couldn't see stealing a pack of gum let alone a 100k plus boat, but then again I'm not an asshole either . Do any boat makers have cameras on there building/lots? 7-11 does and the most expensive thing they sell is an 18 pack of Coors lite , You'd think that a buisness that sells such big ticket items would have a decent security system , at the least a rabid pit bull named "Chopper" that hasen't ate in a week . Just a thought.

hd&boatrider
    -----Bahner tunnel
    There are some losers with some MONSTER balls out there. First off where do you stash a 28' cat. I have enough trouble storing my 19' jet boat . I couldn't see stealing a pack of gum let alone a 100k plus boat, but then again I'm not an asshole either . Do any boat makers have cameras on there building/lots? 7-11 does and the most expensive thing they sell is an 18 pack of Coors lite , You'd think that a buisness that sells such big ticket items would have a decent security system , at the least a rabid pit bull named "Chopper" that hasen't ate in a week . Just a thought.-----
    I would think that with the rash of stolen boats that more security is coming soon at the boat dealers. You are right, the boats cost too much not to have serious security. Of course there is always a way to steal what you want but it DOES catch up to you sooner or later. I like the Lojack idea. Set em' up. I have to think that these are somehow related. At least the real balsy thefts.

spectratoad
    I really hope they catch the tiny dick ba$tard$ and hang them by what little piece of skin they have between their legs. I do have one question though. It seems that alot of these boats are being stolen from repair shops, manufacturers etc... I think if I had a business that had alot of 5 and 6 figure boats laying around I would invest in more than a padlock. Don't slam me guys eek! but I think that it is a fair question of the shops. Maybe the shops can tell us what these guys are getting around to be able to walk away with this type of equipment.
    [ August 27, 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

Havasu_Dreamin
    spectratoad:
    Maybe the shops can tell us what these guys are getting around to be able to walk away with this type of equipment. I'm not the shop, nor do I profess to speak for them, but you asked so I'll provide what I know, Essex does have video surveillance. I can only assume that the rest of the builders have something similiar,it only makes sense. I would be VERY surprised to find out that Conquest, DCB or Teague did not have some type of video surveillance system.
    However, keep in mind, even the best surveillance system will not prevent theft entirely. It's mostly just a deterrent. If some low-life 2 time loser is motivated enough, and I think we can assume they are given the recent incidents, they will still steal it.

Bahner tunnel
    I hope that the "easy way" of owning a bad ass boat ends with some pillow biting in the local jail house . Get a job and some morals and respect others property . I knew of a few kids from school that liked to borrow/steal cars as a hobby. All I can say is I hope they don't mess up my "personalized plates" while there in jail . It will all catch up with you in the long run , Carma is a bitch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast