Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parker Weekend Report

JetBoatRich
    Alan great report, I was in Parker and then Laughlin the end of the week. We saw a lot of patrols doing a great job keeping everybody safe, just wish more could be done about those jet skis getting so close and turning right in front of us.

PICKLEtheLOAD
    so refreshing to hear, thanks for the info. just talked to a fella at work, he pulled 5 peeps offa jet boat that was torp'd by a PWC. PWC guy was at WOT looking back at his butt buddy (probably making sure his thong was in the right place) and Baaaam! took out the whole front end of the jet boat and sunk it on the spot. no reported injuries (luckily). lower colorado riv, down by I-8, Yuma.

JetBoatRich
    For sure lucky no body got hurt, at least yet. Get tired of these stories.

PICKLEtheLOAD
    sorry JBR, didnt mean to "harsh your mellow". just wanted to give out more info so we can all stay a little safer. PTL, out.

riverliver
    Originally posted by squirts:
    Hey Allen I saw a heli flying around the weeds down by Blue Water Sat. were they looking for someone.
    I heard it was robbie gordons, was it a dark blue one ?

Boatcop
    Robby was out the previous weekend. (He's pissed at me 'cause I stood him up for dinner. The wife didn't feel well Saturday night, so we had to pass)
    Over the 4th he was in Daytona getting screwed over by Kurt Busch.
    We had a little talk with the Helo pilot for buzzing too close to the water and boaters. He kept it above 1,000 feet after that.
    Alan
    BoatCop (http://www.boatcop.com)
    [This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 08, 2002).]

racingrascal
    Originally posted by Boatcop:
    We had a little talk with the Helo pilot for buzzing too close to the water and boaters. He kept it above 1,000 feet after that.
    Alan
    [This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 08, 2002).]
    Alan do you know who it was? He landed it in the keys on the empty lot near the northern entrance to the keys.
    Andy

Sun burners
    Hey BC there was a helocopter that must have been no more than 40' in the air in Thompson bay here in Havasu, Then later doing some serious dives how High do planes and helocopters have to be? Thanks SB

Chestah Cheetah
    I saw the chopper in Parker flying above the lower sandbar and in Havasu above Copper Canyon - dark blue with yellow graphics?
    Boatcop, I don't remember what night it was but right around 1 or 2 A.M. I was sitting on the dock and saw the Buckskin Fire Conquest hauling the mail upriver with its lights flaring. It came back about 10 minutes later. Any news on that?

Boatcop
    Chestah,
    That was the ski-boat that didn't know why half a dozen buoys are out in the middle of the River at Holiday Harbor.
    Alan
    [This message has been edited by Boatcop (edited July 09, 2002).]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast