Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took the ultra out in the ocean

ultra1
    Well, My wife and I are big in to fishing and thought we would try the Ultra out in the ocean. It was pretty interesting! We had a great time and caught about 6 Calicos right out of the breakwater. They tasted great!
    Have any of you taken your small boats out in the ocean and if so when and where do you go?
    I have a 21 foot stealth with a 377Merc. It ran great.. We flushed it at the launch ramp.

i use to take my 21ultra out in the ocean all the time,now i got a 28 and have yet to go.

spectras only
    I used to take my 20 spectra jet over to vanc island from vancouver for the past 24 yrs, had the bennett trim tabs installed a long time ago to smooth out choppy rides.Never once missing to flush out afterwards [you couldn't tell if I ever had the boat in saltwater ]!

Steamin' Rice
    Long Beach has a pretty big breakwater area, I see a lot of 21' or so boats there. If the water is smooth, you can go for a run outside the breakwater and see how it goes. Lots of restaurants, etc in Long Beach to go to by boat.

GhettoBird
    Long Beach....Where the debris meets the sea

TrojanDan
    ultra1:
    Have any of you taken your small boats out in the ocean and if so when and where do you go?

TrojanDan
    ultra1:
    Which breakwater are you talking about? I used to launch my 20' out of 2nd Street Landing in Long Beach and fish Horseshoe Kelp (about 7+ miles outside of the breakwater) with no problem. On a typical weekend there were plenty of other fishermen around in similiar sized boats.
    Try using a beer batter mix with the Calicos next time. Makes killer fish tacos.

77charger
    heres a small boater here took my 19 ft jet from dama point to san clemente pier all 4 inches of transom when sitting in the water and bassets.

Bense468
    Did you really? that is cool

NashvilleBound
    I want to take mine out but dont have the gonads. An Ultra in salt water just makes me uncomfortable.
    Just thinking of the life span of my HP going down the road. It would be kick ass tho to make a Catalina run!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast