Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the strangest boat or motor home you have ever seen?

wildbillg
    Think you can beat this one??
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/792motorhome-med.JPG[/img]
    I dont what I would do if i saw it on the road.
    this was at a launch ramp, kind of fit there......

mbrown2
    Saw a boaterhome two weeks ago in Parker heading up to Havasu..Looked similar to this

LAPD Gary
    Unless they made more, the truck Mrbrown is showing used to sit on Beach Blvd. in Orange Co. at a stereo shop for years. Boat to truck bed was exactly the same for sure.

Akamatsu
    LAPD Gary:
    Unless they made more, the truck Mrbrown is showing used to sit on Beach Blvd. in Orange Co. at a stereo shop for years. Boat to truck bed was exactly the same for sure. That is too funny. I read the original post and I immediately thought of the one on Beach Blvd. I always saw it parked there, occasionally moved around a bit. I always wondered if it ever made it out to the river. Haven't seen it there in some time, but I don't frequent that area too much lately either.
    By the way, there is a pretty neat looking red camaro amphicar in Hot Boat this month, check it out. If I get a chance, I'll scan a picture of it, and post it here.
    Akamatsu

Trailer Park Casanova
    Occasionally you can spot a trailer that is also a houseboat.
    The company that built them has folded but was in business a few years and it appears made them in few different lengths.
    Next time I spot one I'll snap a pic.
    Never saw one on the water.
    The MoHo in wildbills photo is built on a WWII GM DUK amphibous truck.
    You can spot these DUK's still in service in France where the French use them along the coast for amphibious firetrucks. They keep them in excellent condition.
    Also, you can get rides in DUKs on tours in the Dells in Wisconsin,, and in Washington DC.

TCHB
    The boat home was in Havasu a couple of weeks ago going up the gorge. It was moving along at a pretty good clip. I would guess it was traveling at 25MPH. Oh yes there was a nice lady on the back porch of the boat home showing off her wears.

Boatcop
    There used to be a houseboat, made up to look like a Sante Fe railroad caboose. It was up in Needles for years, and then sold and brought down to Havasu Springs about 5 years ago.
    The guy had it anchored between the outer marina and Heron Island, where one November a heavy wind came through and capsized it, catching on fire in the process. Since the Buckskin fire boat was on the Strip, and Havasu Fire was too far away, I turned our Boston Whaler into a Fire boat. Backed up to it, raised the engine so the prop was barely in the water and goosed it. After about 5 good dousings, the fire was out. (Not a recommended method, but what the hell, it worked.)
    I think I'm the only boat accident investigator in the country who can say that they investigated a train wreck.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Boatcop:
    There used to be a houseboat, made up to look like a Sante Fe railroad caboose. It was up in Needles for years, and then sold and brought down to Havasu Springs about 5 years ago.
    The guy had it anchored between the outer marina and Heron Island, where one November a heavy wind came through and capsized it, catching on fire in the process. Since the Buckskin fire boat was on the Strip, and Havasu Fire was too far away, I turned our Boston Whaler into a Fire boat. Backed up to it, raised the engine so the prop was barely in the water and goosed it. After about 5 good dousings, the fire was out. (Not a recommended method, but what the hell, it worked.)
    I think I'm the only boat accident investigator in the country who can say that they investigated a train wreck. I love storys like this.

shockwaveharry
    carreraelite:
    http://www.terrawind.com
    I like it alot!
    Could you imagine putting floats on the boat trailer, driving the whole rig to Powell and just going straight down the ramp into the water and motoring away??? Fan-freeking-tastic!!!
    [ September 20, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast