Thread: Buzzing question...

widowmaker
    Just installed a new msd box in the boat and now I have a horrible buzzing noise when the engine is running, increasing in frequency with rpms? What kind of noise suppression works for this problem???

T-56
    10 mm Taylor plug wires fixed mine...

riverbound
    Plug wires is usually the first step. Also running all Audio cables away from any ignition source would be another thing you could do.Better RCA cables would benefit also.

707dog
    Plug wires is usually the first step. Also running all Audio cables away from any ignition source would be another thing you could do.Better RCA cables would benefit also.

widowmaker
    rca's are away from power and changed the wires to no avail...... help, never had this problem until I installed the MSD box...

707dog
    how is all your grounding points?? check for tightness or bad connection sand down the points of connection also so its a clean metal to metal grounding surface...
    i know what noise you are talking about my old work van had it and it drove me crazy so i kick the stereo thru the dash..lmao..

T-56
    rca's are away from power and changed the wires to no avail...... help, never had this problem until I installed the MSD box...
    Did you buy shielded wires?

widowmaker
    everything is brand new on wiring....found the problem, the alternator is going out... great....changed it no buzzing....

707dog
    everything is brand new on wiring....found the problem, the alternator is going out... great....changed it no buzzing....
    cool chit glad you got it worked out..have fun!!