Thread: Planet Audio ?'s

AZJD
    Good, bad or indifferent! I just picked up 3 sets of component speakers to replace weathered speakers in my boat. Has anyone used these before?
    I got a smoking deal on them through a buddy of mine who has a wholesaler license so I couldn't pass it up, Just want to know what anyone else has experienced with these speakers. I got the big bang series, which is the highest quality they make and are rated at 200w each, component 2 ways.
    Thanks
    JD

dumbandyoung
    Good, bad or indifferent! I just picked up 3 sets of component speakers to replace weathered speakers in my boat. Has anyone used these before?
    I got a smoking deal on them through a buddy of mine who has a wholesaler license so I couldn't pass it up, Just want to know what anyone else has experienced with these speakers. I got the big bang series, which is the highest quality they make and are rated at 200w each, component 2 ways.
    Thanks
    JD
    A buddy of mine bought one of their subs and it sucked. He took it out in a few days. Dont know about the speakers though.

Pussywhippled
    A buddy of mine bought one of their subs and it sucked. He took it out in a few days. Dont know about the speakers though.
    Did it light up when the bass hit? If so those are the shit... LOL

Jordy
    Wow, that's wierd because I got 3 pairs of components over here, as well as a head unit and a couple subs. Too bad you bought stuff already as I'm going to make someone a great deal on these.

dumbandyoung
    Did it light up when the bass hit? If so those are the shit... LOL
    Yea I love those.

thmper321
    If I'm correct Boss Audio makes Planet Audio. Not too many people know that. The amps for the price are not bad at all but most shops I know that carry Planet Audio only carry the amps so as far as the speakers go I couldn't tell you.

BAM CUSTOM
    I do stereo stuff for Aftershock and Carrera, they had been using Planet for
    awhile. The Amps and Subs are great and effecient and you can't beat the price and how the stand behind their product. As far as there component's if you've installed them and they sound great to you, that's all that matters. And if you saved some money more power to you. If not, sell them, blow them up and try something else.
    Chris
    BAM CUSTOM ENT.

AZJD
    I do stereo stuff for Aftershock and Carrera, they had been using Planet for
    awhile. The Amps and Subs are great and effecient and you can't beat the price and how the stand behind their product. As far as there component's if you've installed them and they sound great to you, that's all that matters. And if you saved some money more power to you. If not, sell them, blow them up and try something else.
    Chris
    BAM CUSTOM ENT.
    I got 3 sets of their highest end components for a $190 total! They have to be better than the weathered stuff I have now. If I am not happy with the quality I won't be too bummed only being out $190!

AZJD
    Well everything is in and sounds great. I am super pleased with the result. I didn't throw a bunch of money at it so I was a little worried but it is even beyond what I hoped to get.
    The Pioneer subs will get replaced just as soon as JL comes out with thier shallow series, but the Planet Audio mids sound great.
    Thanks again Bad Kachina I have already got a customer for you as soon as he gets over being a sick wussie......Slovolvo, woops did that just slip out.:sqeyes:

Not So Fast
    I have their 5 channel amp in my boat and it seems to run everything well (6- JL 6x9's, 2 Infinity 10"subs) and has never crapped out. The biggest problem I have (and I assume all deck boats) is that if I turn it up to far (so you can hear it outside if floating) then everything starts vibrating. I'm sure if the subs were in enclosures they would do better but Magic put them in the worst possible place. I'd do it much differently now!!!!!!!! NSF