Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Builder in Havasu

BoatPI
    Does anyone have agood experience with a builder for a spa and rockscape add on to a large swimming pool. They seem to be very bu$y with new projects so add ons could be pricey.
    Anyone with experience in dealing with the local pool builders would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

wildbillg
    I just had a ool built at my house, and the builder was more then happy to work with me. He does pools, waterfalls, and decks, his name is Jim Mcnamara he owns Artistc Pools. you can see some pics of my pool
    my pool When you call him mention my name and tell him I sent you. I've had a few frineds use other companys here in town and they all tok forever to get their pools, not to mention I had severl of them come out and give me quotes jim was not the cheapest but I think he was the most honest.
    Jim McNamara
    Artistic pool
    (928) 680-6880 office
    (928) 486-3541 cell
    Try and call his cell phone it is the best way to reaach him.
    You can call me to if you want to, just email me and I'll give you my number

JetBoatRich
    Nice pool, how long did it take?

wildbillg
    The final was just signed off yesterday, but it has had water in it for the last 30 days. All the little things to finalize. It was started in september and had water in it by thanksgiving.

BoatPI
    Thanks Bill. And we have met many times.
    I will give him a call. Hey, it is alot of money. I have a very good builder looking at it know, but two prerspectives are better than one. My house has a 180 degree view of the lake, golf course, and mountains. So I really want to take advantage of this when contemplating the spa and associated development.

twistedpair
    While we're on the subject of pools, does anyone know anything about cooldeck coatings? I've got a couple spots that are coming up. Is this something I could handle myself, or is it best to have a pro do it?
    Nice pool by the way, my wife wants to add a rock waterfall also!

BoatPI
    I got quotes from two contractors on this issue (decks). I have a veranda. I was very impressed with SunDeck. He will get my money. In the Havasu yellow pages

ROZ
    Hey Boat PI,
    Why don't you get the subcontractor list from wildbill (if his builder used subs) and save youself a ton of money. Not many pool companies do everything "in-house". You'll probably save 8 to 10 g's...I know I'm saving 17k!
    Hole 1500
    cage 1800
    gunnite 4000
    plumbing 2000
    electrical 1000
    tile 2000
    equiptment 2500
    Permits?
    I don't have my list here at home, but this is close...

ROZ
    twistedpair:
    While we're on the subject of pools, does anyone know anything about cooldeck coatings? I've got a couple spots that are coming up. Is this something I could handle myself, or is it best to have a pro do it?
    Nice pool by the way, my wife wants to add a rock waterfall also! Depending on how elaborate a water feature design, it should run around 1700.
    Cool decking....let me guess, It's comming off in a place where water settles? Have a pro touch i up. It's not worth your time and later frustration when it comes up again. The pro should warrant it for a few years....I think...
    BTW, WildBill nice pool. I like the cantillever edge.
    [ December 31, 2002, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

BoatPI
    I would sub the job to all involved, but not when it is a vacation house. Cannot keep my finger on them.
    Havasu has several builders than perform all phases of construction in house.
    SunDeck number is 928/855-6458.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast