Thread: Stainless Steel Tube, Help

Nubbs
    I need to find some 2" x 2" 304 stainless steel tube with a wall thickness of 0.187 (3/16"). I got a polished stainless steel ball mount for Christmas and I need to extend it a few inches. I've searched what seems like everywhere, and I can't find any. Anybody got an great ideas? Oh, I live in Lakewood, 562 area code.
    Thanks

Mandelon
    Try a search in www.thebluebook.com
    They've got all sorts of suppliers and contractors

1stepcloser
    I have found lots of helpful things at McMaster-Carr they have a wherehouse in Santa Fe Springs.

v-drive
    Hey Nubbs, call Ace Stainless in Santa Ana.
    Sorry I don't have the number but I'm off until the 6th.
    V-drive

Nubbs,
    If you're looking for a short length, try Schorr Metals in Anaheim. Ace will have a minimum and probably a cut charge too. I buy full sticks there, but for less, call Schorr for rems.

cyclone
    Tube Service in Santa Fe Springs is the largest supplier around. They have tons of DOM, Chromoly and Stainless tubing. Schorr is good but only carries the standard stuff. The odd sizes i always find at Tube Service.

superdave013
    cyclone:
    Tube Service in Santa Fe Springs is the largest supplier around. They have tons of DOM, Chromoly and Stainless tubing. Schorr is good but only carries the standard stuff. The odd sizes i always find at Tube Service. Ditto! Schorr is who told me about them.

Nubbs
    Just got off the phone with tube service. They wanted to charge me $129 and change for a 12" piece. I'm not positive, but I thing they might have been trying to rape me.

cyclone
    On alot of tubing you have to buy the whole stick but their prices are pretty reasonable.

Nubbs
    Thanks for all the help. I'm stopping by ACE Stainless tomorrow morning. Charging me about $25 for 6". No other place would sell me anything under 20'.