Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Weekend in NE Oklahoma.

buck183
    Our first choice, and everyone would know why, is always LOTO for any summer Holiday Weekend. The money isn't there this year for a trip up there for us.
    Of the three lakes that we frequent it looks like the best overall choice for a weekend party is Tenkiller.
    Beaver is our first choice for an average weekend with the family. Cleaner water and awesome scenery. But not much going on there anymore with the crackdown they've had lately.
    Grand just can't hang anymore when it comes to the party seen compared to Tenkiller. Not to mention Grand really looks more and more like a sespool every year.
    So....anyone gonna be at Tenkiller at their party area for Memorial Day weekend? Looks like we're bringing about 6 boats with us. If it's anything like the party they had there Labor Day weekend it should be worth it.
    Buck

buck183
    HMMM?? I guess all the people on here from NE Oklahoma either moved or their not going to the lake that weekend?
    Buck

Posey
    Buck,
    I'll probably do my thing at Grand Memorial weekend. But would like to check out Tenkiller. Where is the best place to go?
    Posey

Well Done
    Buck, where do you party on Tenkiller? We boat mostly on Ft. Gibson and have traveled to Eufaula. The Cut near the Dam on Eufaula is great. Lots of sand and you know what!! I might consider going to tenkiller but know nothing about the lake or gathering areas.

buck183
    I don't know much about the lake. Our trip there last year was the first time I had been there in over 10 years. We put in at a camp ground called Chicken Creek or Chicken something. The cove was directly across the lake from this campground.
    I was quite surprised at the amount of activity at this cove. Believe it or not, Dripping Springs at Grand doesn't hold a candle to this. Don't get me wrong, it's still small potatoes compared to LOTO on a holiday weekend. But it's the best alternative for the area.
    Buck

Seadog
    Chicken Creek is south of Cookson on 82. Turn at Chicken Creek Rd. For more info check Tenkiller web site

cowboymorgan30
    Tenkiller has a great party cove, We used to go to Eufala, but we tried Tenkiller last year, and so were going back this year. Already got the spot reserved.

superV
    Posey:
    Buck,
    I'll probably do my thing at Grand Memorial weekend. But would like to check out Tenkiller. Where is the best place to go?
    Posey LOTO

Posey
    superV:
    Posey:
    Buck,
    Posey LOTO Would like to check out LOTO this year, just have to see how things go$$$

buck183
    Posey:
    superV:
    Posey:
    Buck,
    Posey LOTO Would like to check out LOTO this year, just have to see how things go$$$ It would be $$$ well spent IMO.
    Buck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast