Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ST. CROIX RIVER MN.AND WIS.

MNLavey
    moomba:
    I am from Champlin also. But my boat is "only" a slow skiboat. It the only white and purple skiboat in Champlin. Cant miss me. The Mississippi is very high in Champlin/Anoka. Too much current!Yeah, we biked down to the dam tonight and it is closed AGAIN, so they're probably trying to drain off as much water as possible above the dam... Good luck skiing!!!

cmate
    Hey hows it going got another one from minnesota. im from eden prairie.i boat mainly up on the whitefish chain but i go out on minnetonka sometimes to but the speed limit sucks but i do miss big island.i have a checkmate 251 convincor 454 365hp runs low 60's named public nuesance i think i spelled that right but any way maybe we can hookup somtime on the river or somthing
    later
    [ August 23, 2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: cmate ]

mud duck
    What is the current speed limit on Minnetonka this year?
    Several years ago a DNR dude inspecting trailers told me the limit was 55 mph. Has that changed?
    I'm going out tomorrow evening after work with some friends and I don't want any troubles.

cmate
    Hey mudduck the speed limit is 40mph during the day and 20 mph at night

mud duck
    Man, that sucks. We will not be on the water until 5:30 or 6:00 so I guess it is 20 mph. Not much fun.

KAPTAIN KIRK
    I am from Illinois but I will be up on the Eagle River soon...sept.13th====15th for nickfest if thats close for anybody ??
    K.K.

mud duck
    The cops got me last night on Minnetonka. He checked everything; the extinguisher had to be charged, the life jackets had to be counted, the lights & horn had to be checked. I was not a happy camper. He finally ticketed me for no throwable, and gave me a warning on speed.
    I wont be going back there anytime soon. I'll stick to the rivers, or the lakes up north.

Mn Howard Cat
    Mud Duck
    Sorry to here that do you know the cops name I have a couple of friend that are cop out there. They must have been bord or somthing.

mud duck
    I think his name was "Dick Head".
    It could have been worse, and he was really only doing his job. If I were in his shoes I would get very tired of screwing up people's day. But there are times when I would want that guy's assistance ASAP too. You've got to play by the rules. Thank God we were not drinking.
    Hey MnHowardCat, Did you get set up with Robert yet?

MNLavey
    Yeah, we got the fifth degree a few weeks ago up on Gull... We were parked, swimming and he came up and did the whole life jacket/extinguisher/throwable routine... He was pretty nice, but I just don't think they should be able to hassle you without a reason...
    On another note, my dad belongs to GALA (Gull Area Lakes ASSociation) and in the latest newsletter, they talked about boat noise being the number one complaint from land owners. The president of GALA talked in his editorial about going to Congress to get some new boat noise laws passed!!! Any thoughts on how to fight this one???
    Only a couple weeks left of good boating, get out there and burn up some gas while you can!!!!!
    Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast