Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOTO vs Grand

Seadog
    I have been twiddling my thumbs for the past couple days waiting on a technician to install my DSL. Because of this no show, I'm not able to get started on anything that I can't finish immediately. I have seen lots of reference to the Lake of the Ozarks and got to wondering. I did some research and found that Lake of the Ozarks is slightly smaller than Grand as to shoreline and acreage. Now I know that Grand is so popular that people from across the nation keep yachts there. What about LOTO. argue Let's hear some opinions about the two lakes, pro/con.

Wizard of Oz
    Been boating LOTO for several years now. I always manage to have a great time there. The locals are quite freindly (dock girls, waiters, waitresses, etc....). Party Cove is nuts on a holiday weekend. Something to see if you've never seen 2-3000 boats all tied up in one area.
    Never been to Grand so I can't make a direct comparison.
    Oz

Sea Esta
    Here is a pic from july 4th last year at Party Cove. I've never been to Grand but LOTO has approx. 1200 miles of shoreline and dam to dam is 96 miles. Lake is calm during the week and can get quite busy on weekends from the 31MM to the dam.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Avatars/tn_july4_party-cove.JPG[/img]

TFLB
    Seadog,
    No comparison, LOTO has in excess of 100 bars and resturants and resorts. The world famous "partycove" and more shore line than the coast of California, not to mention the largest collection of offshore boats assembled in one place.
    On a holiday weekend the Missouri Water patrol estimates over 40,000 boats on the lake.
    Are you coming to Overland Park to the LOTO dealers boat show?
    WAR-Jayhawks
    WAR-hog pens by the Holiday Inn
    WAR-Eskimo Joe's
    UNWAR-Dragon Slayer (skanky strippers)

Mn Howard Cat
    The only donw side to LOTO is on big weekends it can get ripped up something bad 4' to 5'+ my littel cat gets rocked in big water.
    And lots of BEADS

D-BO
    Both lakes are fun!! Grand Lake isn't as rough but it's not as clean either! Our home lake is Grand but we make it to LOTO a couple of times a year!! The last time we were at LOTO the water was so rough that my buddy ended up blowing a drive up on his Cig.! He couldn't keep the drives in the water!! We can usually run wide open on Grand, even on a holiday. (keeping safety in mind!!)I think both lakes are equally as fun.

Seadog
    No comparison, LOTO has in excess of 100 bars and resturants and resorts. The world famous "partycove" and more shore line than the coast of California, not to mention the largest collection of offshore boats assembled in one place.
    I doubt I'll make any trips to Overland Park soon. My wife's only brother lived in Roeland and died last year, unexpectedly. The sisters have had a hard time adjusting.
    I have a feeling that Grand has more bars, restaurants and resorts than LOTO. Grand definitely has more shoreline and possibly more surface area. I wonder about what you mean as offshore boats. If you refering to OS racers, possibly. We have quite a few Cigarettes, Bajas and Formulas, but the main bigger boats are Carvers, Trojans and Harbor Master. In fact, Ugly's is the biggest Carver dealer in the world. It would be interesting to see how much difference there is in LOTOs party cove and Dripping Springs. Maybe D-BO can give some details.

TFLB
    I can't imagine Grand having more bars and returants that LOTO. The lake is 98 miles long and the Lake covers 57,000 acres, impounds 617 billion gallons of water and has 1375 miles of cove indented shoreline. That is more shore line than the entire coast of Califorina. (cali is big).
    When I say offshore boats I'm talkin: Fountains, Cigs, Outerlimits, Skaters, Scizm's, Black Thunder, Super Hawaii, Sunsation, Formula, Baja, Active Thunder, Magic, Checkmate.....etc.
    There are 65ft cruisers everywhere. Raymond's Boats is the number 1 fountain dealer in the world. I might be a little biased, but it is like no place in the world.
    Grand does have 1300 miles of shore and is 43,500 acres, that's a great lake and I hope to get back there some day. i haven't been since I was a kid.
    I will probably go to Euffala (sp?) for the poker run this year. Do you go there?

D-BO
    LOTO does have more performance boats than Grand, but Grand is getting more and more every year. I don't know about bars though, the only one we've ever gone to is Shooters, and at Grand we go to 3 or 4 different ones. The parties at LOTO are more wild but with that comes more carelessness. The last time we were at Party Cove they were pulling almost every boat leaving over checking for drunk drivers, I have yet to see this at Grand. The lakes are very similair. It doesn't matter which lake you choose, your bound to have fun!! Give us a call and come hang out with us this summer, we definatly know how to have a good time!!

Seadog
    D-BO, just out of curiousity, what eateries do like with water access? We generally hit Indian Hills for breakfast or lunch because we spend a lot of time behind the Bernice bridge. We also hit VIP when in that area. We've been interested in checking out some other places.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast