Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOTO vs Grand

kc***boat
    tstone:
    All right, that does it. I've heard all the stories about LOTO and I'm definitely going to check it out this summer. Pretty bad that I went to Havasu last summer and still haven't made it to LOTO. Any comparisons between those two places? More places to go to at LOTO and only 2 1/2 hours away. What lake do you boat at around KC

Lotoparty
    well guess my screen name says it all but if you dont beleave me follow the link.
    http://www.partycovepics.com/xxxpics.html

tstone
    NICE LINK planning a trip for mid-to-late June. KC I live in Olathe as well. So far I've hit Hillsdale, Clinton and Smithville (MO). How about you? Is there a gem around here I'm missing? I'm originally from Okla. so I'm used to Texoma, Eufaula, Murray, Grand.

Seadog
    Milford and Tuttle Creek are nice lakes or at least they were a while back, but no closer to KC than LOTO. At Grand, some of the Dripping Springs crowd has moved to Woodward Hollow. As far as the nudity, I like to go to places that I can take my young nieces or nephews. Besides, if you go with your wife, she gets pissed if you look and if you go with other guys you are a bunch of old perverts. Since most of the nudity would be long distance, I can't see that as much of a drawing point.

Lotoparty
    all razzing aside , i like both lakes.
    party cove gets old after awhile because it gets kinda crazy at times with the mostly younger then myself crowd. the water(soup) you have to fight thru to get there sucks bigtime on holiday weekends.
    grand is a pretty lake and i will always have fond memorys of it because i bought my first boat there from Port Carlos.

beyondhelpin
    not a party lake but for clear water and beautiful scenery try beaver in the ozarks.

tstone
    I would have to agree. We went to Beaver on our way back form Havasu last year. Beautiful lake no crowds. The ONLY drawback we experienced was we got to the cabin we rented then went on a beer run. Didn't realize that it was a dry county. Needless to say after a two hour drive we came back with plenty of beer and it wasn't a problem after that. We learned to make sure we haul it with us when we go there.

buck183
    Beaver is our home lake. You guys are correct, not a prettier lake in the area. Of course this wouldn't include Bull Shoals or Table Rock. The dry county thing is kind of a bummer sometimes. And there's not much action on the lake either. But I'll still spend 90% of my summer there.
    Other then the occasional trip to Tenkiller and Grand the other 10% will be LOTO!
    Buck

Lotoparty
    took my first open water dive at beaver when i was 17 yrs old. beautifull lake yaa got down there buck!

Bigyellowcat
    Who knows some of the rules of loto?
    I plan on comming up there this year.
    When does it get busy?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast