Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blarney Island

Thunderbutt
    Flattie, You have some good pictures. The third picture down, the guy with the yellow boat. What Blower is that, Post the picture on the V-Drive or the Blower Motor section and see if they can figure it out. Is it a daul rotter blower with only one in it? What is the temp there, it looks like everone is waring a lot of clothes

flattie
    It was actually about 85 deg. but it was spinkling off & on so people dressed with more clothes cuz the stay at this bar on stilts to late at night drinking and dancing. As for the supercharger I have no idea it was the tallest engine there so i took pics of it [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Shootouts/DSC00648.JPG[/img]

Rickster
    Nice pictures ..."Thanks" ! The red-orange rig looks great on an overcast day in the photo.

Unchained
    That looks like a real fun place. I'm going to try to make it there on Aug. 8 to race.
    Mark

HavasuDreamin'
    Look at all the weedwackers in the background of the first picture.......what a beautiful sight! I need to make it up there one week for the races, unfortunately, probably not until next year. frown

flattie
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Swimsuit_Scene/DSC00661.JPG[/img]

flattie
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Shootouts/DSC00637.JPG[/img]

Unchained
    Does anyone know about their race rulebook? I called Blarney Island and didn't get any response back. Do they require blower restraints? chute jackets? Do you need a rope deflector?
    I have a lifeline jacket, helmet, and kill switch. Is that good enough to race there?
    Where is a good place to stay locally where you're boat is safe overnight? Anyone have a garage locally where I can rent a space to park my shingle overnight? I'm paranoid about the boat when staying at a motel.
    Mark 616-813-7237

flattie
    Its outlaw racing anything goes no blower res. just a good jacket and helmet and kill switch
    flattie

dorC
    Trying to remember...I remember seeing chutes in use. Yes, use. I recall the boats coming around the corner, but I don't recall a hold rope. However, at the end of the slip will be a banner that you could get caught on. Usually somebody will walk out on the pier and hold it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast