Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horsepower, obtained,572

Unchained
    sdba069:
    Those jet sizes seem way out of proportion.We run a lot of blown stuff with similar carbs and never get anywhere near those jet sizes.I wonder if your high egt's may be the result of an overly rich condition causing fuel to be burned off in the header. Garry, I agree, maybe his timing is a little late which would also cause high EGT.
    I ran two off the shelf 850DP holleys with power valves pri + sec and I was running pretty close to stock jet sizes of 80.
    It ran good and the plugs read OK. I experimented with larger jets and didn't pick up any RPM so I figured I didn't need it.
    As far as carbs, injection or a bucket with hole in the bottom it seems to me that at WOT all that pertains is the air/fuel ratio. Anything in between is just related to drivability. That's why I don't understand claims of "This carb will increase your performance" or "This injector will increase your performance" That would only apply if someone did not have the correct air/fuel ratio to begin with.

565edge
    The ray franks are a sweet head,i suggested the darts because they would be a bolt on re-placement,bear are you guys going to use the same boat for the capsule or get a different boat?

UBFJ #454
    565 -
    Our own new hull & capsule

DEL51
    Thanks for the responses and sorry for the late reply. I had to work 3- 12hr days but now have some time to enjoy Christmas.Edge, I am glad you sought out a carb shop deal first.I had someone install the air bleeds but I do not think he had much experience with this type of application.I have to stick with this combo until next year at the earliest.I agree with you and bear on the nice aluminum heads.I would have to get a different intake with a spreadport head and if changing carbs is out of my budget, heads and intake would be way too expensive.I would like to try this engine out at its current power level, maybe drop the boost a little more until I get a good feel for the setup. Unchained, I plan to do some experimenting with the intercooler on and off the engine.I will let you know what I find.Have you talked with superdave013? I think he is switching to a twin turbo setup.Sdba069 I think the mods dscribed by edge are whats needed to run this model(9377) of Dom.We considered your thought about fuel burning in the pipes,maybe,.But we did do a run at 35 deg total and egt temps were no different.The air fuel readings were taken from each collector and were in the 12.5 range. I do believe a richer A/F ratio would drop the temps. Maybe the mods done on edges carb should be done to mine.Edge, if you have their number could post it? Finally, I want you all to know the application for my setup.I do not plan on entering any serious form of drag racing.If this was the case I would have went with a smaller cube engine.I think there is a cubic inch limit of 565? I want to cruise around the local lakes and beat a couple of fast outboards that hang around the same area.They like to begin their races at 60+ MPH and take it to the top. The faster OB's run 108-110mph.I really like the way infomaniac has his alcohol engine setup and that thing isn't even working hard.If I change my setup I probably would go that route, but in a couple of years.Bear, what do you mean about the 1100 hp mark on the tunnel?Is it a safety factor or setup,both.You can e-mail me if you like.Do you run an aluminum block with the nitrous engine?Does it use the efi system that N.O.S. sells? I bet there is some pro mod auto teams that would like to look at the setup. Take care. P.S. I did not win the lottery, somebody from W.V.Oh Well

intimidator
    HEY DEL51 PRETTY GOOD LOOKING DYNO NUMBERS THERE. THE GUY I BOUGHT MY CENTURION FROM SAID IT HAD A 2000HP BLOWN ALK.IN IT? IT'S 29'' TRANSOM TO BACK MOTOR PLATE AND 39'' TO THE 5' LONG TANKS. I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE THE MOTOR BACK BUT I ONLY HAVE 4''TO 5''OF FREEBOARD NOW.WATER WAS BREAKING AT THE SEATS, AFTER TRIMMING 2'' OFF OF THE LOADER AND REMOVING THE 4DEG.WEDGE. IT RUNS ALOT DRIER NOW. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED,,,,,,,,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123