Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lake of the ozarks shoot out

Thunderbutt
    Big DaDDy, what a boat. If he can get into thoses numbers he might be king of the lake. Didn't 167 do it last year, but Scott. Bob Morgan (Bigthunder) doesn't like all of this competition. I love thoses Surface drives, are they Arneson drives?

D-BO
    167 did take top dog!!! I look for top dog to be running in the low 170's!

Thunderbutt
    Maybe we will have a big Cat boat that will go faster the Miss Bud. Scotts boat,or Sorcerer, or the Flash twin turbin boat. UOTE]Originally posted by D-BO:
    167 did take top dog!!! I look for top dog to be running in the low 170's![/QUOTE]

burbanite
    OK,
    now if, and I mean a BIG if, I were to decide to jump in my truck and tow my boat to LOTO for this deal where the hell would I head to when I got there?
    I would be driving west on 70 so I guess 54 South to??
    I would want to be where I can launch my boat,and not go too far to where the fun is. I will probably have to sleep in the truck cos this is me toying with a last minute whim here. Bear in mind that I have a little old 18' Sanger Hydro jet with not much freeboard and it does not get too far from a gas dock. Is there a suitable location for me to see the action without venturing into the rough stuff? I know nothing of the area so would have to rely on your advice so that I don't spend a lot of wasted time looking for the "place to be." I also don't want to get swamped.
    Apart from the late hour, is this realistic for my type of boat?
    [ July 26, 2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: burbanite ]

Thunderbutt
    Burbanite,You would take 54 south into Osagebeach, the 21 mile marker is were the race is held infront of Shooters 21 which is on lake road 54/56 I think, look on the map. That lake road is next to the Hospital entrance. I'm not sure I would put the Sanger Hydro in, even in the no wake zone there are waves that would go over the transom. Be carfull. burbanite:
    OK,
    now if, and I mean a BIG if, I were to decide to jump in my truck and tow my boat to LOTO for this deal where the hell would I head to when I got there?
    I would be driving west on 70 so I guess 54 South to??
    I would want to be where I can launch my boat,and not go too far to where the fun is. I will probably have to sleep in the truck cos this is me toying with a last minute whim here. Bear in mind that I have a little old 18' Sanger Hydro jet with not much freeboard and it does not get too far from a gas dock. Is there a suitable location for me to see the action without venturing into the rough stuff? I know nothing of the area so would have to rely on your advice so that I don't spend a lot of wasted time looking for the "place to be." I also don't want to get swamped.
    Apart from the late hour, is this realistic for my type of boat?

kc***boat
    We will be there to run to run the HTM this year.

D-BO
    plans have changed we will be in a 41' Apache cat
    we will be in the stereo competition at shooters

kc***boat
    They cancelled the stereo competition at shooters
    this year.
    http://www.lakeshootout.com/
    [ July 31, 2002, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: kc***boat ]

D-BO
    The stero competition is back on!! The Apache will be there! Some one else will be running the show, but it's still at Shooters!

Thunderbutt
    kc***boat, Are you the guy with the HTM that I saw at Jim Cruses powercoat shop in Osagebeach last week? Good luck on your run. I'll look for you at the shootout.
    kc***boat:
    We will be there to run to run the HTM this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast