Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: North East?

Tahiti Owner
    OK finally all moved in the new house. As soon as mud season is over I can bring the boat up and start the prep work for the upcoming season. Living 15 minutes away from the boat launch and sandbar is gonna suck!

kcils1
    Count me in,I'm Newark,DE

HTM-NY
    Shipping channel in The St. Lawrnce river is open. Winter must be over.

Tahiti Owner
    OK got the boat here 2 weeks ago...she was still relatively clean...imagine that! I only popped one freeze plug and unfortunately put a small crack in the bottom of one of the exhaust logs. It doesn't look too big so hopefully it can be welded or I can find a suitable set of used logs or headers. Now that I'm back from my 2 week cross country excursion I can get down to business of getting her ready for the water! It was so nice to come home and find all the ice gone!!!

Wet Dream
    Tahiti Owner:
    OK got the boat here 2 weeks ago...she was still relatively clean...imagine that! I only popped one freeze plug and unfortunately put a small crack in the bottom of one of the exhaust logs. You didn't drain the block and lines and fill it with antifreeze????? eek! eek! eek!
    You better hope the block isn't cracked.

Tahiti Owner
    the block is fine...i hooked the compressor up to her in the fall to blow all the water out...i guess some was still in there. The freeze plug was actually an old block heater from when it was in a car so I knew it would not be in there too long.

Wet Dream
    But did you drain it and fill it with antifreeze? You don't have to if its in a garage over 32*. If it froze, I wish you luck.

Tahiti Owner
    Replaced the popped freeze plug, threw in a new set of spark plugs, an ignition module and coil, screwed on the garden hose and she fired right up! Now a real good cleaning is in order and 1 exhaust log needs a small weld and she is ready for the lake!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123