Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurants- Frosty Ball

Wet Dream
    At least this will give me an idea to go off of.
    Here are the descriptions:
    #1 Degroen's Grill
    Degroen's Grill, formerly Baltimore Brewing Company, specializes in German-style beer made right on the premises. The Czech-style pils beer won a gold medal at the 1996 Great American Beer Festival.
    The grill has replaced its German menu with a variety of typical American pub dishes. However, a few German specialties remain, including a sausage platter of bratwurst, weisswurst and bauernwurst. Degroen's now serves lunch, and an outdoor eating area is available.
    #2 Fells Point Station
    Fells Point Station serves a menu of typical pub food, including burgers, sandwiches, steaks and regional seafood specialties.
    #3 Nighthawk
    Enjoy a buffet meal while you sail on the Nighthawk, a 19th-century-style gaff-rigged schooner. This "official tall ship of Fells Point" is a U.S. Merchant Marine passenger vessel, built in 1880. The Nighthawk hosts a variety of cruises, including three-hour lunch buffets, three-hour moonlight sails, an all-you-can-eat crab feast and a midnight mystery cruise.--Alexis Sweeney
    Hours: Moonlight cruises every Saturday at 7 p.m.
    Murder mystery cruises several times a year
    #4 The Point Restaurant
    This casual Fells Point restaurant and bar offers a menu heavy on burgers and pasta. The Point serves thick, juicy burgers with plenty of toppings. Located on the water, The Point's spectacular view gives patrons a chance to do something that most visitors to ultra busy Fells Point never do: sit back and look out over what makes the area special.
    #5 Red Star Bar and Restaurant
    In the early 1800s, when Fells Point was a world shipping port, lonely sailors visited the Red Star not for food, but for women. Yes, the Red Star was once a brothel, its purpose designated by a series of red stars on the sidewalk. You do not have to be an insider or a Baltimore historian to know this information, because the Red Star proudly explains its lusty origins on its menu, and even on a tasteful display board in the bar. It's difficult to picture this bright, spacious bar as a house of ill repute. With its beige walls, sunny dining area, tiled bar, and brick archways, the Red Star is the antithesis of the darker bars and taverns further down Thames Street.
    The Red Star is a comfortable neighborhood bar with free cigarettes and dog-eared Trivial Pursuit cards on the bar. Food is standard bar fare with some variations, such as the pot roast pie and Pacific shrimp skewers. Sandwiches come with crab chips and pickles, and dinner entrees and grilled specialties are served with a house salad. On Friday nights, the Red Star turns dance club with a DJ and 10 cent shooters after 1 a.m. and the bar usually offers drink specials on other nights.
    The Red Star is located at the quiet end of Fells Point, but you'll still have to navigate the cobblestones to get here.
    #6 Waterfront Beach and Yacht Club
    Fans of NBC's "Homicide: Life on the Street" might recognize the interior of the Waterfront as the bar where the show's Baltimore City police officers hung out. The bar is decorated with paraphernalia from the TV show, including several items autographed by the show's stars. Because of its Hollywood connection, the Waterfront attracts tourists who want to see where detectives John Munch and Mike Kellerman kicked back after their shifts. Despite its tourist quotient, the restaurant does serve a nice selection of beef, chicken, seafood, soups and sandwiches that are sure to please any guest. It also offers nice water views from its dining room.

Wet Dream
    What the fu(k happened to the poll results?
    I hate it when they do this crap. Whatever happened to...IF IT AIN'T BROKE...DON'T FIX IT?!?!?!?!

miketsouth
    looked promising for a while then the board change kind of knock the steam out of it.

fat rat
    Originally posted by Wet Dream
    What the fu(k happened to the poll results?
    I hate it when they do this crap. Whatever happened to...IF IT AIN'T BROKE...DON'T FIX IT?!?!?!?!
    So whats up?

fat rat
    BUMP!

blown daytona
    Hey, my balls are frosty enough when is the dinner

fat rat
    Originally posted by blown daytona
    Hey, my balls are frosty enough when is the dinner
    Is that all you think about is your balls and eating. I don't know when the dinner is, but i'm ready for another meeting at the round table.

Wet Dream
    What did the boss say?

fat rat
    Originally posted by Wet Dream
    What did the boss say?
    She said when ig_flyi:j/k

miketsouth
    Hey Rich. What you said.
    I'll be there (like Bodhisattva). I live close, so its easy for me.
    How about some others?
    Ready for a Frosty Ball? Near D.C. Last week in January.
    Who is willing?
    mikeT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast