Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Up In Smoke!!!!!!

coolchange
    My buddy worked at a gas station and every night he had to "stick" the tanks to get a reading. We were waiting for him to close so we could go partying and he still had to stick the tanks so he drops this 12 ft stick in the tank and pulls it up to see the level and my other buddy says you need some light and flicks his lighter, bein a smart ass and now the opening to the tank is a torch and you can't close the lid cause the stick is in there. So I grab the stick and try to throw it up but don't quite make it so I grab it again and really heave it so now theres a flaming stick flying thru the air and I kick the lid over and put out the fire. But the funny thing is I look around and my freinds are across the street and they said I was crazy for staying there and trying to put it out but I said if that tank blew up do you think you could really run fast enough to get away? This was on a major intersection with 3 gas stations in SFV.

Plasticman31
    Ok, i have to get in on this! True story, My friend worked at a smog shop where they also did tune up's and light mechanic work. Anyway's one day while changing a fuel pump in a new Chevy truck (you Chevy guy's know you have to drop the tank to get to the pump) My friend and a trainy at the time where lowering the tank from this truck when my friend asked the trainy "you have a good hold i need the clear a spot" sure the guy say's! as soon as my friend let's go, you guessed it, the trainy loses his grip and all 10 or so gallons spills out and starts heading for a drop light that the trainy had put on the floor to get it out of the way of lowering the tank. BOOOOM!!!!!! the whole place goes up along with 2 cars in the shop still on the racks and 2 car right outside, everyones tools, all the equipment, and the shop burns to the ground. It was all insured, but they never re-built. After 5 years theres still a foundation of where the shop use to be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123