Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rescue California

Phat_Kat
    I have figured out that Gray Davis supports terrorism. He is rapidly raising school standards because the dumbshit fell behind. This causes many kids to feel depressed because they can't hold solid grades and they go into drugs. A good lot of money goes to..... Terrorists! Yes I have too much time on my hands but when you think about it... it does kinda fit.

Lady Rat Attack 1
    I'm right there with all you others. I never voted for him in the first place. Signed the petion LONG AGO.. Get him OUT NOW.....

Seadog
    An op piece in the Tulsa paper had GD losing $46.8 billion in a year and half, increasing state spending 36% and having the state downgraded to around junk bond status. You guys are so lucky to be the vanguard state for the Democrats. Maybe you can find that he is actually a citizen of France and ship him there.

sam pioske
    Remember ? People voted him in not once but TWICE
    dumping him might start something!!

If this recall is sucessful it just might start a voter revolt like prop 13 did 25 years ago. Too bad the 13 revolt didn't go further, it was a good start but only a start. It did wake up some politicans to the fact that the taxpayer was pissed off and we did something about it. Unfortunatly the powers that be cut spending in all the areas that hurt us the most, police, fire and public services. They were punishing us for controling their spending of OUR money. Recalling Davis is just a start. We need to recall the whole damn bunch of 'em. burningm

bordsmnj
    yuh,it gets harder to leave the river and come home after a weekend in AZ after seeing good roads clean air etc. Me and the old lady had a discussion today about goals and the question came up of where to buy or first house after we work our asses off to save for the down payment. well i don't think it's gonna be in CA! when i was a lot younger i remember this satte used to have a SURPLUS for the longest time. some folks even got rebate checks from the extra money that the state had laying around. makes me ****ing mad to think about all the stupid shit these burro-cratic asses have done to **** it all up over the last couple years. burningm

v-drive
    I was watching the news last night and they said we only have half of what is needed to put it on the ballot and that has to be done by September. Now if we have the full amount by July 16th it speeds up the process dramatically. I apologize for not knowing how much more but I got called away and missed the rest of the broadcast. Of course we know he got voted in twice and I still don't believe it but even those people know (I hope) we have to do something. If you live in California you know this is bullshit I'm going to walk malls this weekend and get people to sign a petition.Every one of us knows we should be doing more.
    burningm V-drive
    [ June 25, 2003, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

eliminatedsprinter
    sam pioske:
    Remember ? People voted him in not once but TWICE
    dumping him might start something!! Not to change the subject, but what is that great looking OB?
    V-Drive
    The news is putting out old numbers, we already have 3/4+ what is needed.

v-drive
    es, so you're saying we have over six hundred K?
    What is the deal if we have it by July 16th? v-drive

summerlove
    I'm not a big Gray Davis fan, but the lowering of the vehicle registrations was done under the prior administration of Pete Wilson. That money was specifically earmarked for cities:read municipal services including law enforcement, fire protection, etc. While the state lowered the registration fees, they did not stop the flow of $ to the cities so that they could continue to operate as usual. Now, fast forward 6 years, and at $4B/ year, we'd have $24 of the $29 B needed from the deficit, so as I see it, the schmuck who casued the problem is long gone and the right wing spin is alive and well with blame Gray Davis for all evil campaign. Now, as I said, I'm not a big fan of his, but I don't think recall is appropriate, so no, I won't be signing.
    PS: The electric deregulation was good 'ole Pete's as well! Gray inherited it. My $.02

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast