Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NO WONDER IM BROKE

Kilrtoy
    LAUSD has an enrollment of 740,000 kids under 18 and of that 71.5 % of them or 529,000 are on the free lunch program. Make me GOV and I will stop that shit right now. That alone would help almost solve the states budget. STOP FEEDING THE POOR ASS GHETTO KIDS.....

LUVNLIFE
    I'm glad I work so hard to support my family and their hobbies and oh yea and the extended family of welfare reciepiants that need the free lunch. yuk

TheEduKATor
    Kilrtoy,
    I've been a teacher at an inner city high school for the past 4 years, it's what you can call a ghetto school. 100% of the students qualify for free or reduced lunch. Yet when my broke ass is hungry, I have to pay for my lunch if I want to buy it from the cafeteria. Meanwhile, these kids have cell phones, pagers, better clothes than I do, and all the silver bling bling hanging from their necks. When I left my school on the last day in June a new escalade rolls up on gold 24's, with a gold paint job and stops next to me. Then I hear one of my students say hey Mr. V it's me, what do you think of my new ride. I look over and see him and all his dope selling friends smoking out. So these kids can afford all these things, but can't pay for their own lunches and we are supposed to feel sorry for them and pay out of our pockets. That's why me and Ms. EduKATor got out of the ghetto schools and moved to different schools this year.

Kilrtoy
    Good for you EduKator's
    and what is even worse, if they chose to buy more food it is at a discounted price and you still pay more than them....

Mandelon
    Does the school get more money for having the the "disadvantaged" kids?

dmontzsta
    I am broke cause I spend so much damn money on my Nissan Maxima, so far this year $7,325, total since I owned the car is around $20k
    oh...and stop feeding the ghetto kids, yeah...
    I am almost done with this car, then my money is going into the FE, hmmm...$10k on a FE
    you chevy boys better watch out! wink

AzDon
    Free and reduced-cost meals are a federally mandated and funded program, so a new governor probably isn't going to be able to stop it! What a new governor should object to is all the NEW federal mandates regarding standardized testing and homeland security that came without any new funding. This is a crime being perpetrated on all 50 states that very few Bush supporters are willing to discuss!
    For the record: I'm opposed to free anything! If they can't work in the cafeteria (like I did) or grounds maintenance to pay for their meals, let them go to class hungry!

Mandelon
    Yeah, but then they don't learn as well on an empty stomach, and end up as criminals.
    Lunch is cheaper than prison...

TheEduKATor
    Typically, schools with economically disadvantaged kids get more money for programs like free lunch, and extra curricular school activities. In addition, schools usually get even more money if the kids don't score so well on standardized testing. The school I left had tons of money put into it, but you can't change the students attitudes. We had a new stadium built, state of the art computer labs, new text books, chemistry labs, etc. The school district even gave each of our entire staff a $1000 credit card to buy things necessary in their classrooms for student achievement. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy a bullet proof vest or hidden cameras to protect myself and belongings. My cars were vandalized 3 years in a row. This year it wasn't, but when I walked into my room 3 days after school had ended, there was thousands of dollars worth of damage done to my room and office. Ms. EduKATor had her purse stolen on her last day of teaching summer school by one of her own 2nd graders. The student's grandmother called the school to figure out why her daughter had $125 dollars on her. The student told grandma she won it at a school raffle. The next day we both applied to 6 different schools.

Kilrtoy
    Prisons,
    Shit deport 50% of them and then the rest tell them to shape or send them to the clink in the desert arizona camp and let them fend for themselves.
    Give the cops greater lee way to handle these shit bags and yes BUILD shitter prisons and place them in there and DONT feed them.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast