Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: F**kin Conservatives

MagicMtnDan
    AzDon:
    ...the only dirt they ever got on Clinton was that he got a Hummer and lied about it. Hardly treason, dontcha think? It wasn't the only dirt - that was just the simplest one - here's a news flash for you...CLINTON LIED in a deposition. He committed perjury (an indictable offense)!
    Don't you think the President should tell the truth? Don't you think the President shouldn't be lying about his having sex with an intern?!
    Just exactly when do your moral boundaries kick in? Is it right after a Democratic President got caught lying on a taped deposition? Don, do you have a moral compass at all?
    So you're saying that's OK and that you'll allow Bush what, one lie? Two lies? How many lies are OK for you Don?
    We haven't even gotten into travel-gate, and pardon-gate and the incredible fiasco at our nation's top secret lab. Or what about selling the White House to the Chinese for money?! What secrets did the Clinton administration give them? We have yet to find all of them but they are VERY significant and serious since they're related to this country's defense and safety.
    So I ask you again Don, how many lies and misdeeds were OK by your Democratic President? I want to know how many you're giving to every other President that comes into office after Bill the liar.
    [ July 14, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

Dave C
    Its a "myth" that Bush is reponsible for the economic downturn.
    FACT, economic growth is measured by GDP, it started downtrending in the 3rd quarter of 2000 (before Bush was even elected) That is when Clinton was president.
    Fact of the matter is thatthe "economy" doesn't turn on a dime so it took 6-12 months prior to this for the results to show up in the 3rd quarter 2000.
    Don't believe me look at the government site. http://www.economicindicators.gov/
    next liberal myth to dispell?.....

Dave C
    Also the "stock market" began downtrending in the early 2000. (i.e. 6 months before GDP downtrended!)
    Again, don't believe me, look at the NASDAQ on any browser. (ticker ^ixic)
    Yahoo:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5Eixic...s&l=on&z=m&q=l
    next liberal myth please?!?...
    BTW, Amen HighRoller

N:ck
    MagicMtnDan:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by AzDon:
    [qb]It wasn't the only dirt
    CLINTON LIED in a deposition. He committed perjury (an indictable offense)!
    Looks to me like you're talking about one offense, and so it is the only "dirt". How many lies are OK for a President? NONE! OK, so Clinton's not perfect. The guy has sex. BIG DEAL. Have you had sex, Dan? Or is it too immoral for you? Is it the lying about having been seduced that's wrong? Does that really outweigh the numerous lies of the Bush administration?
    [ July 14, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: N:ck ]

mickeyfinn
    I never said I thought the tax cuts were good for the economy. I don't believe that I stated an opinion one way or the other, I was only trying to make my point that since it is a TAX CUT it naturally will be a benefit to those who actually pay taxes. As to whether or not it is of benefit to the economy I don't know. I do know that with the state of the deficit (which I believe is something we are dealing with because of Clinton) and the state of the Social Security (which is due to other Democrats raiding the piggy bank) that I personally would rather have seen that money go directly against the deficit than to a tax cut. If you believe the finacial models though they all tend to show that for every dollar dollar spent by the middle class the economy sees an overall impact of a greater than $100.00 increase in total spending. If the model holds to be true and the middle class only receives a grand total of 10% of the total tax cut then the net increase in income taxes will be somewhere in the neighborhood of a 3 fold payback. I am what I call a "conservative liberal". I want the government to protect our country from foreign invaders, Give the states the widest possible discretion in setting laws and STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY WALLET!!! I don't mind paying taxes to pay for what I feel I want the government to do for me. I don't even mind that since I am not the only one deciding what the government does that I have to pay a little more. What I don't like is the government holding me at gunpoint to take my hard earned money and put it in the hands of someone who is sitting back drawing welfare. Since you got me back on my soap box:
    If we are going to force our citizens to pay into a massive social program at least lets keep it in our country. I am an isolationist. I would not spend a dime on any more foreign aid until ALL of our people had shoes on their feet and food on their table. Damn yuo did it to me again. Now the pain from carpal tunnel syndrome is hurting me....oh yeah I almost forgot, the democrats have made it possible for me to sue someone for that and possibly win big money!!!!

Dave C
    ...tax cuts.. my specialty (considering I am a tax accountant)
    the top 50% of taxpayers pay 96% of income taxes, The 1'%ers, pay 34%. Source; IRS.
    the truth is that only the hardworking pay taxes in this country.
    The working poor don't pay income taxes only payroll taxes which are, of course, offset by the EIC.
    The reason they can't lower payroll taxes. The Feds can't afford it. (damn double counting of SSI)
    A tax rebate to someone who doesn't pay taxes in the first place is called "welfare."
    Besides a "rich" person who makes 10 times more than you, doesn't pay 10 times the taxes, they pay 30 times the taxes than you......
    Next liberal myth ?!?....

ROZ
    N:ck:
    MagicMtnDan:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by AzDon:
    [qb]It wasn't the only dirt
    CLINTON LIED in a deposition. He committed perjury (an indictable offense)!
    Looks to me like you're talking about one offense, and so it is the only "dirt". How many lies are OK for a President? NONE! OK, so Clinton's not perfect. The guy has sex. BIG DEAL. Have you had sex, Dan? Or is it too immoral for you? Is it the lying about having been seduced that's wrong? Does that really outweigh the numerous lies of the Bush administration? Nick, please don't force me to search for lies, or twisted views of the truth as you put it, by Good ole boy Bill's administration over the 8 years of the clinton regime. You know it's there...I can guarantee that I could find more "dirt" than just a "sexual relation" to post for you to read. But that's true will all administrations....
    One more thing.. If 911 happened on Bill's watch, it would have been the last straw for their administration as well. Clinton has said on many occasions that he was regretful that he didn't nab Osama and take care of Saddam when he had the chances....
    Now that Bill and Hill have made quite a few million dollars, I wonder how Chelsea would feel about having over of half of her inherritance wisked away by probate(?) taxes....Oh, nevermind, I know they've already taken care of their assets by trusts....They wouldn't want to give any of that away now, would they....

ROZ
    Dave C
    [QBThe working poor don't pay income taxes only payroll taxes which are, of course, offset by the EIC.
    [/QB]Yup, and in some instances actually get back more money than they paid in!

THOR
    AzDon:
    Dave C
    [qb]
    no one is saying that you can't have an opinion but look beyond your prejudices I think you guys would do well to look beyond your prejudices!
    What the hell? Is this nanny, nanny billygoat. Every beginning of a post is a statement of a question that we previously asked. Answer the question. Are you prejudice?
    I dont know, are you prejudice?
    Dont touch me.
    I'm not touching you.
    Dont touch me.
    I'm not touching you.
    (what movie?)

mickeyfinn
    Dave C:
    ...tax cuts.. my specialty (considering I am a tax accountant)
    the top 50% of taxpayers pay 96% of income taxes, The 1'%ers, pay 34%. Source; IRS.
    the truth is that only the hardworking pay taxes in this country.
    The working poor don't pay income taxes only payroll taxes which are, of course, offset by the EIC.
    The reason they can't lower payroll taxes. The Feds can't afford it. (damn double counting of SSI)
    A tax rebate to someone who doesn't pay taxes in the first place is called "welfare."
    Besides a "rich" person who makes 10 times more than you, doesn't pay 10 times the taxes, they pay 30 times the taxes than you......
    Next liberal myth ?!?.... DAMN!!
    You said it with a lot less words than me.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425