Thread: Lake Mojave ??

Mod VP
    I was thinking about trying Lake Mojave again. eek! Our 1st time there,it got too windy.We'll be camping at Needles Marina 6-27 til 7-5.And we were thinking about making a weekday trip to Mojave.I don't want to go to Katherines again.Which marina would you recommend?Willow or ???Also do any of them launch your boat for you?It's a pain with a 31ft.motorhome. Thanks...

[ June 24, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Mod VP ]

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I haven't been to needles in a while but I think they still have a man with a jeep that will launch your boat for you for like 5-10 bucks.

Mod VP
    MRS FLYIN VEE:
    I haven't been to needles in a while but I think they still have a man with a jeep that will launch your boat for you for like 5-10 bucks. Thanks,yes they do at Needles,but i meant what it's like at Mojave. wink

hd&boatrider
    Mod VP:
    MRS FLYIN VEE:
    I haven't been to needles in a while but I think they still have a man with a jeep that will launch your boat for you for like 5-10 bucks. Thanks,yes they do at Needles,but i meant what it's like at Mojave. wink I would go up to Cottonwood Cove which is about 45 min to an hour from Katherine's on the NV side.

Cole
    I was at telephone cove last weekend which is about 5 minutes from katherines landing...a motorhome is almost no problem,the ramp(which is dirt)is a VERY shallow incline,you'll have to back the coach up pretty far,but that shouldn't be a problem,i have done it a million times!!!
    Great place go to gasoline alley..if you like a small croud!!

SoCalOffshore
    Who gives a ****. Oops sorry, I thought I was in the "Ahhhh ****" thread.

Cole

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Whew!! Willow Beach is a ways up there. Cottonwood has a nice launch, but it's still a good long drive in a motorhome. It is much less crowded than Katherine's.
    BTW, you'll be lucky if it's not windy. We don't affectionatly call it "Lake Mo-choppy" for nuthin'! Lately though it seems the wind has been easing up in the afternoon. It's really the luck of the draw.
    Ditto's on Gasoline Alley. It's usually lots of fun.

River Ric
    Hey Mrs Sportin Wood, I love yor avatar. I gotta change mine sooooon!! idea

Kilrtoy
    TELE-COVE is awesome, We always use that site, Your boat and truck will get dirty, but well worth the wait, OOPPPSSS what wait, right in and out...