Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galaxie Boats?????

NEW 2 RIVER
    I was unaware they moved.H20NUT you refer to your boat as ECM.did they change there name to?
    what does the ECM look like?(pictures?)
    by the way congrats on the new boat

H20NUT
    Here is our 25' ECM. I can post more pictures of the interior and the engine...
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Our_ECM.JPG[/img]
    [ January 07, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: RiverDave ]

H20NUT
    Hi RiverDave:
    I have a quick question. I am a little new to this and you seem to be all over this site. How do I make my picture bigger when posting it to a reply?? I have been trying to figure it out with no luck! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

H20NUT
    RiverDave:
    I owe you a Brewski at the river for this. Let me know when you'll be there... I think our first trip is in March... Thank you so much for your help!!

H20NUT
    New 2 River,
    Galaxie has not changed their name.Their new 25'ECM is a spioff,Earnhardt Custom Marine.Same company but for those who wants open water applications.The hull is a Carlson design,through-bolted completely and hand laid.The back end has a 496HO,Dana tabs,ext steering,through-hull exhaust.The interior has drop out seats and most of the engine hardware is customized including a gelcoated hatch and diamond plated engine compartment.If you want more info you can contact Jim or Jason at their new facility 805 477-0777.Their new address is 4869 McGrath #110 Ventura,Ca.I believe their right off the 101 and the 126.Also,the boat will be at the LA Boat Show.Hope this helps.

H20NUT
    New 2 River:
    Here are the other pics of our 25'ECM I promised... [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Interior.JPG[/img] [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Engine1.JPG[/img]

77charger
    RiverDave:
    The boat that my family had before the Nordic was a 1976 21' Galaxie Day Cruiser. (Bought New)
    To dispell the rumor, not "all" of Galaxie's were Chopper Gun boats. (This one was laid up by hand) The boat was bought from Worth Potts (Pretty sure his name was Worth).
    Through my teens I put that boat through it's paces pretty hard, and I can say that the day we sold it, it didn't have one stress crack in it.
    The hull was a splash off of a Hawaiian or something (can't remember now) but it was similar to a "Daytona" day cruiser. (Little different Bow)
    Overall though we ran the shit out of that boat for over 20 years and never had any problems with it.
    Now Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a "todays" Galaxie is anywhere near what some of the higher price boats are (becuase I don't expect they are), but I'll tell ya that the old one we had was a pretty decent boat. (I woulda traded it for a Spectra/Howard/Hallett in a heartbeat though )
    RD Was was the name of that boat rd?i remeber you calle dit something wink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12