Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinouts

El Prosecutor
    . . .
    Lowrider will turn on rails if I don't have the trim up. If I pull too suddenly tho, she'll offer to spin. :cry:
    Reminded me of a jetboat tour of the Rogue River I took in the '80s. Dude driving spun the boat with about 20 passengers in it. It was a blast!
    Since I got the boat last year I have been tempted to give it a try but haven't got the huevos yet :skull: . I am working up the courage - anybody got any pointers on technique? :idea: Will it flip? :rollside: Is it gonna rip the stringers out or anything? :cry:

You need to talk to Jethro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    send me your email address and I will respond with a vidio of JEThro.

Rondo
    Hey Squirtin', Can you send me one of those too?!
    rondo@frontiernet.net

El Prosecutor
    You need to talk to Jethro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Somebody come out with it already - what happened????
    I have a feeling Jethro aint tellin'.

Squirtin Thunder
    Done

ONAROLL
    Reminded me of a jetboat tour of the Rogue River I took in the '80s. Dude driving spun the boat with about 20 passengers in it. It was a blast!
    Since I got the boat last year I have been tempted to give it a try but haven't got the huevos yet :skull: . I am working up the courage - anybody got any pointers on technique? :idea: Will it flip? :rollside: Is it gonna rip the stringers out or anything? :cry:
    I used to have a Challenger that for some reason would spin on itself if you let out of the throttle cut the steering and nailed it, it would do a 360 right now, I had a blast doing it, then I had a Hondo that lost power at about 70, the boat of course would not respond to steering input, it also spun and hit a roller, I watched my eight year old wearing only a life jacket and trunks bounce toward the headers, I swore to God and everybody right then I would never provide another thrill ride to anybody ever............my advice is whatever you decide, decide only for yourself..............Vic

Heatseeker
    Jethro is a habitual jet spinner!!! First thing he's done with each of his three jets is to take them for a spin...literally!
    Here's a shot of one of his more tame spin outs:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/998702.jpg

BigBlockBaja
    In my Challenger, I just floor it in one direction, get up to speed, let off the gas, turn the wheel all the way in one direction and floor the b*tch again. Its very interesting...

daddy b
    On the first day out in the Centurian(Hondo bottom), I turned ever so slightly while accelerating @ 65 mph, the thing slid, caught, hopped, landed backwards at 50 mph(with a bottom blocker intake, no water except forward motion), the water was coming in over the distributer level, cavitating, until it finally went forward just before sinking, gallons and gallons, there is a lot of weight in the back of that boat. Physics man physics......
    My experience with spinning them is very similar, some spin well, and some don't.... this is where you get to decide.....he he heeeeee yah better have a goooooood tow rope, and flotation. my tow cents...
    daddy b keeping on :rollside:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast