Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Remember when.....

Jeffery Fry
    When they use to deliver milk and dairy products to your door, and when 6am was really early. When you ate dinner as a family! and it was still light outside! When we use to have Stage 1,2,3 smog alerts in school! The Airhorn / Airraid sieren allerts every 3 friday of the month. Pronto Market (Trader Joes) When your parents were still married! walking to school @ age 10 and not even thinking about something happening to your kid! When you couldnt go into toys r us without a parent if you were under 16!

TahitiSteve
    Surprised nobody seems to have mentioned this one

Ski Belts

Rod-64
    It's Wednesday.....Prince Spaghetti Day.
    Old Commercial

The Helm's Bakery truck. That beige/brown Ford panel with the wood pullout shelves and fresh donuts and bread. Yummmm.

Backtanner
    Wimpy's hamburgers in H.B. for their strawberry/bananna smoothies.
    Buying beer under age at Ascot.
    Hiding in the trunk going to the drive-in to save cash.
    [ September 05, 2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Backtanner ]

Floatin'
    Light Blue Cords and Wallabie Shoes
    Boss Man Skateboards
    Schwinn Sting-ray with Moto-X Handlebars
    Watching Wonder-Rama
    Playing with LightBrite

Jim Hall
    Man, I got tears in my eyes reading all these threads! Boat Cop really hit a nerve with me, I grew up in Redondo Beach and surfed the same locations. Trestles was always interesting, having the Marines park their jeeps on shore and wait for you to come in and how about LaJolla. I thaought I was in heaven 6' tubes slight offshore it didn't get any better! I used to race moto cross at Ascot on Wed, Lions dragstrip on Fri.and then do a hare and hound on Sun. How about fuel altereds and "wild Willie Borsch" drove one with one hand all sideway's. We actually started the skateboard craze we would bolt on shoe skates to the bottom of a piece of 1x and ride them ti'll the wheels wore out.
    How about wood water ski's still have mine and use it, an old Feather-Glide.
    We used to drag our boards to the beach behind our Sting-Ray bike's with little wheels attached.

THOR
    Backtanner:
    Wimpy's hamburgers in H.B. for their strawberry/bananna smoothies.
    Buying beer under age at Ascot.
    Hiding in the trunk going to the drive-in to save cash. Wimpy's was the shit. The best fries ever. Greasiest, saltiest. MMMMMMMMMMM

THOR
    Froggystyle:
    Even better, how about the serious ass kickings that went on after school in the empty lot next door? Getting "called out" and sweating it for hours... That sucked. To all you parents... make sure you teach them to get the first punch in!!! That was definitely paramount to success.
    It was that way in the SEAL teams too. Violence of action, overwhelming firepower, and an exit strategy will win every time. An all time classic was "3 O'Clock High"
    Anyone remember that movie? Still watch it when it comes on.

Rod-64
    SUPER ELASTIC BUBBLE PLASTIC!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425