Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pontoon speed record

TOBTEK
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/23shootout2.jpg[/img]
    is it just me, or does this look crazy? doesn't look real safe. Wouldnt want to stuff the front end very hard at those speeds with that thing......scary

OGHillside
    I have a 30' JC TriToon with the 350 mag on it. It still has the factory prop and will hit 47mph on the gps. This is with a fixed 10' Sundeck with a ladder going up to it. The factory said if we take the deck off we should see another 5 - 7mph. It fools alot of people when we blow past their gayliners with 20 people on our boat doing 40 mph.
    OG
    [ April 22, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: OGHillside ]

superV
    TOBTEK:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/23shootout2.jpg[/img]
    is it just me, or does this look crazy? doesn't look real safe. Wouldnt want to stuff the front end very hard at those speeds with that thing......scary I was there when he made this run and it was scary eek! the thing that saves his ass is the addition of a center sponson (sp?) rides like a tunnel. They also ran a blown 502 that day!

Sea Esta
    I have a couple of pics of the run as well. Here is a pic a 2700 from the Boat show. All white anodized, 496 mag HO, all for a mere $64K
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/229PlayCraft2700.jpg[/img]

superV
    Sea Esta:
    I have a couple of pics of the run as well. Here is a pic a 2700 from the Boat show. All white anodized, 496 mag HO, all for a mere $64K
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/229PlayCraft2700.jpg[/img] That thing was/is sweet. eek! People may talk shit now but as soon as you pulled up to the sand bar im sure no one would leave you alone with all the questions not to mention you could hand half the boats thier ass with it! Anyone want to trade a SuperV for one?

Seadog
    Scuba: Even tho you decided not to get in the market, I thought you might be interested in some info I got a little bit ago. My dealer is enjoying a heyday in pontoon sales. A new 2085 with the 27 inch logs and 115 hp Yamaha, trailer and no options is under $20k before any dealing. The LSi 2085 has standard the high grade carpet, the full underdeck splash guard and 25 gallon built-in tank. It also has the entertainment center with sink, cutting board and trash can. It has tilt steering and is 6 inches wider. The one you looked at will offer all these items as options, including the 27 inch logs.
    Without knowing the options and everything about what you were looking at, I don't know how they compare, but I thought you might be interested.

SCUBA STEVE
    Thanks seadog, new avatar I see, looks good.
    Now that you bring it to my attention the lsi2085 seems to be a better buy then the 2081sport. I dont know why the slsm didnt offer me the lsi model. And to be honest I dont see much difference besides the log width in the brochure I have. They even have an add in the boat trader for a lsi2481 115hp for $15800 with a few options. They were going to give me the 20' sport with a few options for $17,875 before tax & license. Good thing we didnt pull the trigger. thanks for you help and guidence.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234