Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine shop in south Orange County.

Waldo
    Anybody know of any??? I'm in Mission Viejo area and am looking for service on my Mercruiser 350 Mag. Thanks.

beer hunter
    You might try Dick Simon Marine in Dana Point.

Quality Time
    Call Wilkes Marine in Santa Ana. Straight-up no BS guy with quick turn-around.

Ex-Con
    Good- Dick Simon
    Bad- Jim Wilkes in Santa Ana- the guy (Jim) will tell you on the phone you can have it back next week, then after you drop it off, EXCUSES and EXCUSES will follow. You will be be real lucky to get it back in less than a month. And the motor might not be fixed. Stay away from Wilkes.

OCStoker
    Advanced Marine in Costa Mesa. I took my boat in for a new water pump on Tue. morning, got it back Tue. afternoon. He rebuilt my lower unit last year, so far so good.

beer hunter
    Hey Waldo, how long have you been in Ladera Ranch? I live in Wagon Wheel Canyon just up the hill off Oso
    [ August 12, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: beer hunter ]

carbonmarine
    ex con,
    What really happend ? Parts, Pay or did you keep adding to the list of things to do, etc...
    What you outlined is simply not how Wilkes has managed to stay in business for over 30 years with happy & Loyal customers ... Do you think Hot Boat would contract with a guy like that in which you describe ???...yeah.... I didnt think so....
    Rick32

Ex-Con
    Waldo- before you tow the boat to Wilkes, just drive there and see for yourself what a dive the place is, boats in the street on the side, everywhere- Wonder how many of them "should have it next week" Just see it for your self. While that mess is fresh in your head- hook up the boat and go to Dick Simon!!!!!!
    Carbonmarine- ***boat "contracting" with a guy like that- hey dude nothing surprises me anymore it means nothing...

Waldo
    Thanks guys! I'll try calling the above mentioned places first.
    Beer Hunter, we've lived in Ladera for over a year and love it. We are about 2 minutes from you. We are @ Antonio and Avendale (just south of Crown Valley). We just got back from a 10 day trip in Parker. Saw a boat similar to yours...were you guys there?

beer hunter
    Waldo:
    Thanks guys! I'll try calling the above mentioned places first.
    Beer Hunter, we've lived in Ladera for over a year and love it. We are about 2 minutes from you. We are @ Antonio and Avendale (just south of Crown Valley). We just got back from a 10 day trip in Parker. Saw a boat similar to yours...were you guys there? No, I haven't been out since getting back from Powell in late July We spent ten days there with twelve other families and had a blast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast