Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids not in school, do you say something?

Wet Dream
    My boys 7 and 4 have been playing with the neighbor kid (8) all summer long. School started last week, but the kid they were playing with wasn't seen going to the bus so far. At noon today there is a knock on the door and the 8yr old is there asking to play with my kids. The 4yr old was the only one home so I let him in. I asked him why he wasn't in school and he said that his mom said his grades aren't good enough. I asked him again, he gave a different answer. I come to find out that his sister (12) isn't in school either. Do you go to the parents, the school or mind your own business? I don't think a kids education should be ignored.
    Any thoughts?

topless
    Maybe they are home schooled.

GrapeApe
    They may be getting Home Tutored.. A lot of Parents do that these days.. Do you know the Parents of the kids? I would work it into a conversation, and ask about school..
    *** Grape Ape ***

summerlove
    Call school. Don't cause a big neighborhood rift by confronting the parents - it's between the state (school district) and them, not you. It is your biz to report them - Stories like that blow me away.
    my .02

JetBoatRich
    Kids need some sort of schooling, does not hurt to know what is going on with them. frown

superV
    In most cases I would say mind your own bizz. But in the case of kids I think something should be done. What is the mom like? Are they dead bet parents or what? I think I would start by calling the school and let them do the dirty work.After all you have to live near these people and your kids are found of them.
    I can tell you people like this really piss me off. Its hard enuff to get by these days muchless without a education.

HammerDown
    Tell that little prick to get his A$$ in School...I'm sick and tired of paying F$$K'ing School taxes for kids that don't go...And what really goes up my you know what....Is I don't even have any kids...but I still have to pay!
    And before ya say well Hammer...your parents had to pay school taxes for you to go to school...yea...they payed for ME. So why do I have to pay for someone else's (EDITED) kid to go to school!

HOOTER SLED-
    Year round schools maybe?? Maybe they are off track?? Oh, my bad, that's probably just a California thing. I hate that shit.

blownmoney
    IF THE KID IS COMING TO YOUR HOUSE , TO PLAY WITH YOUR KIDS , I THINK YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO KNOW THE DEALIO, WALK NEXT DOOR, SOME TIME AND ASK IF HE'S GETING HOME SCHOOLING, IF NOT REPORT THERE ASS!!

MJ19
    The school may already be aware of the child's situation...Maybe the child left the school last spring to be home schooled...maybe the parents are 'hiding' (have you seen this child on the milk carton lately?) wink
    If I were in your shoes, I would call the school district and let them handle it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast